Just Back

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Just Back

Post by nancyr84 »

We have only been home a few days but I am already planning for next year. The plan was to go to St John every other year but it's pulling me back big time. We spent 11 nights this time , our longest trip. I think it was the right amount of time for us. The first 7 nights were spent on Gifft Hill and the last 4'on the East End. I really was not crazy about the location on Gifft Hill. It was noisy both from traffic and people in other homes. On the other hand I loved the East End. We stayed at a small cottage called Milk Moon. We loved it. I think I would break my rule of no place twice if it wasn't the fact it had no cable.Myself I never turn the TV on but my hubbie likes it for his news shows. So TV it is. We ate out more this trip , and Aqua Bistro was my favorite. I also loved breakfast at Chateau Bordeaux . The only bad meal was a terrible chicken sandwich at Skinny legs , but who would get a chicken sandwich there lol. We finally went To Gibney this trip and it is officially by favorite beach. It's so nice to discover new things about a place you love. I snorkeled everywhere I could even the mangroves. It was not what I expected. Maybe the water was stirred up but could not see much. My hubbie does not snorkle but he is a sport dragging me anywhere I wanted to go. We loved Lameshur again a first for us. So my search is on for a quiet private villa for 2. Warm pool a must , heated would be great. Air in bedrooms, internet , the important cable and great view. $350 a night off season , maybe a bit higher would be ok. No Cruz Bay side, Coral, Bordeau , or East End would be good. Any one with any suggestions ?
Nancy
Backtotheislands

Re: Just Back

Post by Backtotheislands »

I, too, like the quiet side! Which house on Gifft Hill? We are staying there in October. I loved Sun, Moon, and Stars up on Calabash. The view was awesome!!! I believe it had everything you want. Pool was cool because it was so high up, but no bugs! It now has solar heat and, yes, I would return in a heartbeat! I also enjoyed Villa Jumbie, but the beds weren't as comfy as SMS. The pool was warmer and whole house has air, but bugs were bad on patio.