The Addiction returns

Travel discussion for St. John
hoosierdaddy

The Addiction returns

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I have not been on the forum for some time but the compulsion returned and in the last week my wife and I have made reservations to return to St. John in March. We will be celebrating 25 years of marriage while on The Rock. We visited St. John in 2009, 2011, and 2013 so it only makes sense to return in 2015.

Since we made reservation I have been on the forum each day :D
Last edited by hoosierdaddy on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Backtotheislands

Re: The Addiction returns

Post by Backtotheislands »

Congrats, Hoosier! I have a problem! And it's St. John! I'm on here way too much, but I do have a trip coming!
FlaGeorge

Post by FlaGeorge »

Congratulation on reaching a wonderful milestone in your marriage. It may take several years, but “The Rock” will be calling you back – guaranteed.
FlaGeorge

"Swim Against The Current - Even a Dead Fish Can Go With The Flow"
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

We've booked our air for this March also. Since we are timeshare folks there is never any question about when to return only how. I have noticed by the calendar that we are usually on island around the same time. Perhaps we will bump into each other.
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

Bill,
Great time to leave New England and seek out some sunshine! We are returning in March as well. I have not booked my airfare. I looked today and it is $800 from Boston.. I KNEW I should have booked when I first saw them at $300 each!!
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

We booked last month out of BTV for $631 a head with 2 stops down and one on the return. You don't get out of Vermont without at least one stop and we like flying from home because when you return home you are home. So we grabbed it. That four hour drive from Boston is a killer.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Hey Bill, Maybe we will see you in March. It cannot come soon enough.

We have not purchased airline tickets yet. Is there much hope that prices will drop?
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

I've given up trying to figure airline pricing. So when ever I see a price near what I paid the previous year I usually jump at it. For the past few years we have been buying our tickets in July within a few weeks of when they start posting the fares for March. In most cases we have done all right. I've seen prices drop within a few weeks of our normal departure but my heart, let alone my gut isn't tough enough to hold out that long. Good luck.