Bathroom remodeling ideas

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
shoemak38

Bathroom remodeling ideas

Post by shoemak38 »

My wife and I have decided (from my wife’s opinion finally) to remodel our bathroom. One of the ideas I’m toying with comes from an idea from Pia’s blog of her house remodeling (photo below). Does anybody have any negative experiences with this type of shower door?
Good news Pia is its not a yellow toilet we will be replacing It’s a blue one, which my wife wanted me to replace 15 years ago! :oops:

ImageSnagit Capture by SHOEMAK38, on Flickr
BAILEYBAY

Re: Bathroom remodeling ideas

Post by BAILEYBAY »

We remodeled our master bath 2 yrs ago. Took out the bathtub and replaced it with a huge walk in shower w/full length bench seat. Our glass doors are also seamless and swing both ways (safety issues). I love them and so far no problems of any kind. We did pay to have them professionly installed. The very best money I spent on the remodel was having heated tile floors. We live in Indiana and on those many cold winter mornings it is awesome. If you have any questions (we did a total gut job down to the studs) just ask.
NJsurfsup

Post by NJsurfsup »

We did a huge walkin shower with frameless glass sliders , so you get the look of all glass but with the slide opening. We also used swan stone enclosure, which 4 yrs later , no mold , mildew etc...love the look. Also when i was a realtor clients loved this look .
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Thanks for the tips more to think about. I like doing most my own work, and I do plan to take everything down to the studs. I don't think I'll know about having someone else install the glass until I get to that point. Thanks again guys
jmq

Post by jmq »

Consider a Swanstone shower floor. Various shapes & sizes, drain locations, many colors, and with some matching countertops (pattern/color) for the vanity. Holding up well for about 10 yrs now.
http://www.theswancorp.com/index.php?cat=4&attr=78

Regarding the vanity/cabinetry, KraftMaid, avail at the big box stores, are well designed and very well built, and their price point is way better than what you might find at the specialty remodeling retailers/design studios.
http://www.kraftmaid.com/products/bath/
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
jmq

Post by jmq »

Also there are additives that you can mix in with the grout when setting the tiles to make the grout lines water and stain resistant. Properly done, water will bead up from your grout lines and they will not require periodic resealing.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide