November Airfare

Travel discussion for St. John
kklay

November Airfare

Post by kklay »

Just looking for some feedback. We are looking for airfare for our upcoming November trip and I swear I have never seen it this high this far out! We are traveling mid-month leaving on a Wednesday and returning on a Saturday. Yes, I know midweek to midweek there is a savings, but it won't work for us this year. So anyway, I am seeing flights $970 and up! We need to arrive in STT (from Ohio - that's part of the problem!) no later than 4:00 or so since we rent our vehicle on STT. Delta is high but seating still shows alot of availability. It appears the return flight is what is driving the cost up. I've tried getting into American to check on seats available, but their website has been extremely slow to load the last several days. So I am wondering, do you all think some of the higher prices is due to the U.S. Air - American merger? Checking on Kayak it is saying to BUY! Any and all feedback appreciated! I'm even looking at doing one-ways and using MILES on the return trip. Just need to see if I have enough miles for 4 of us! :roll:
hanginghigh704

Re: November Airfare

Post by hanginghigh704 »

I'm of no help for your specific trip, but I'll tell you my experience. Charlotte to STT stayed at $620 for around a year and never budged. I read all the articles on when to buy tickets, but it seems ticket prices aren't normal. Some markets do see low prices - Boston, for example.
I'll cross my fingers that the prices come down for you.
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

We fly from Kansas. Use whichever airline is cheapest. Always in the 6-700 dollar range. Have tickets for nov this year and again found some for same price range. Mid 600's.
amy5233

Post by amy5233 »

I am not possitive of the current policy at Orbitz, but for our last trip we booked there because they refund the difference if fares drop after you book. That paid off for us when we received our refund check. :) maybe that would give a little piece of mind when booking flights that are priced higher than usual. We fly from Florida and the fares have been much more reasonable than what I am seeing in this thread. (If the prices mentioned are per passenger!)
Hope you have a great trip! The months of anticipation are part of the fun!
My heart belongs on St John!
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I believe the Orbitz policy was to give you a refund if someone else books the same itinerary at a lower price. We did get $50 per ticket back a few years ago.
Good luck!
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

I have been looking too for my sister who may join us this October. I noticed that the airfare on United from EWR to STT is in the $800-$900 range for economy/coach! And first class is about $300-$400 more ea. Doesn't make any sense?

And I noticed that United isn't offering the direct Saturday flight in October like they normally do until 10/31. I have not idea why there are so many changes and the airfares are SOOO high. Maybe wait and try checking in a few weeks. I noticed that now for some reason Sundays are good days for airfare to come down.
Connie

Post by Connie »

We're going out of JFK. Direct flight to STT for 368.00 pp. I think the trick may be be that we're going Mon-Mon. I would call directly. We're going with Delta. You can look FOREVER online and drive yourself crazy.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Schnell

Post by Schnell »

We are annual travelers in November and we've had airfare from as low as 350 pp to 1400 pp (actually flew first class this time as it was $75 more than coach!). Average would have to be 500-600 pp. That's from Orlando though.