Morgan Point villa - input requested

Travel discussion for St. John
Charlie2001

Morgan Point villa - input requested

Post by Charlie2001 »

My wife and I are considering Morgan Point villa for our next St John trip. I've read most of the posts and reviews here on Morgan Point and have a pretty good feel for the property from these, and the villa's webpage including video.

A couple questions remain:

- how private is the pool area? Does the villa above or the villa to the east have a view of the pool deck? We really prefer some discrete privacy for the pool, if you get my drift.

- how is the pool temperature? We've stayed at villas on Gifft Hill where the pool was extremely cool, and most recently at Longview in Chocolate Hole that had a wonderful warm south-facing pool. I'm having a hard time determining how much sun the pool at Morgan Point will get, and whether it'll be warm or chilly.

- how is the noise in the area? I can see that Great Cruz Bay Rd runs directly beneath the villa, but I can't imagine that there's much traffic. How about any noise from the Westin? Or is the villa high enough and far enough out on the point to be removed from any noise.

Any helpful advice is much appreciated.
JohnM

Re: Morgan Point villa - input requested

Post by JohnM »

Charlie:

I've stayed twice at MP, but really can't provide advice regarding the pool. Based on Carefree's website photos, MP's pool & driveway were relocated since I was last there in 2012. (Hopefully, they also removed that gnarly boulder at the switchback in the driveway. :lol: ) But under the old configuration, the pool was quite secluded from the eyes of neighboring villas. Temperate water temps.

I CAN say that Maria Bluff is a very quiet area. The speed bump near MP slows what little vehicular traffic there is on GCB Road. The Westin is too far away for you to hear anything. Even the ferry. (Bring binocs if your party would like to watch weddings taking place on the beach there.)

IMO, MP is one of the best villa values in STJ, especially if you like island vistas.

JM
"The exuberance of youth pales in comparison to a middle-age crisis."
Charlie2001

Post by Charlie2001 »

Hi John, thanks so much for the info. I know the new pool is in a slightly different location than the former one, but if the temps were good before, they should be good in the new pool as well.

We really appreciate the reply. I think we're going to pull the trigger for Morgan Point in July 2016.
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

You can get a pretty good idea from the video on Morgan Point's listing on Carefree Getaways' website.

http://www.carefreegetaways.com/home.php?id=59