Island Dreams Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
kelowd

Island Dreams Villa

Post by kelowd »

Has anyone stayed at Island Dreams Villa in the Coral Bay area? This is our first visit to St John and we are considering this villa It's just for one couple. I appreciate any reviews!
loria

Re: Island Dreams Villa

Post by loria »

it's a lovely house-- the pool is smaller than it looks in the pictures (if that matters to you) i haven't stayed here -- but looked at it when it was on the market. there are a number of reviews on their VRBO site though.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

My husband and Ioved our stay in this villa. We were there in early October. Great view, convienient to Cruz bay for shopping/provisioning, pool was not chilly, lots of Banaquits, Iguanas in the trees, everything worked as it should have, no complaints. I have no qualms or caveats in recommending it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

kelowd

Post by kelowd »

Thank you for your responses. Is the location somewhat private?
GidgetPicklebrain

It was very private when we were there in October because nearby houses were not occupied. However, in high season I would not call it private. The neighboring villas, while not right on top of you, are certainly visible. When you are on the pool deck there is a villa visible to the right as well as several below and above. They are mostly concealed by vegitation, but they are there. On this map if you zoom in on the Devers Bay area You can see where it is located in relation to its neighbors.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll ... 7m406q_W4I

loria

Post by loria »

gidget pickle brain are you sure you are think gin of Island Dreams in Coral Bay ? and not dream come true in Devers bay? Island Dreams is above coral harbor (up the costanza road is one way to access it) --
just don't want the OP confused .... sorry if it is me that is confused....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Keloid,
We stayed at St. John Livin' our first trip to St. John. It is just above Island Dreams and is fairly similar. We loved it for a couple....beautiful views! Neither is completely private. We would occasionally see our island dreams neighbors come and go and could see the back of the home as we were located above it. I don't think it would be a problem though and would definitely stay in either of these homes again.
Image[/url]
Pia

Post by Pia »

I believe GidgetPicklebrain is thinking of a different villa - Island Dreams is in Coral Bay and not in the Devers Bay area and not convenient to Cruz Bay.

I don't consider this house private - you have a clear view from other villas (imo)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
GidgetPicklebrain

I apologize and thanks for calling me on this. I am referring to Island TIME, not Island Dream. I get them confused in my feeble mind all the time. IN my best Roseanne Rosanadana voice: Nevermind................

msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

We stayed at island dreams villa in Coral Bay back in April this year. (Costanza Road) It was awesome for a couple. Clean, well stocked, responsive manager, & nice dipping pool for after the beach cocktails. The bedroom was on the lower level and the kitchen and family room on the top level. Although we were next to some villas we never saw the people or ran into them. We did hear some giggling & chatting in the late afternoon once or twice but the angle of the villa keeps it mostly private. We loved it. In the eves you're up high enough not to hear loud music from down below. However, the roosters are always entertaining! We also loved the upper level bathroom/shower for the amazing views while showering. Breezes were so consistent that we never used the a/c. Enjoy!
kelowd

Post by kelowd »

We booked it! Thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm sure we will love it and everything else about our first visit to St John. Now, the waiting begins!
JenG

Post by JenG »

Our friends have rented Island Dreams for a week for several years and (obviously) absolutely love it. I know you're in for a real treat. Have a great trip!!
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

Good morning!

I have been on this board for a while although not very active on it lately. Anyway, I saw this feed on Island Dreams and wanted to reach out to you. Island Dreams is owned by my father and I keep the calendar up to date (through VRBO). I saw that you had booked and wanted to know who you rented through. I didn't receive notification from anyone and I want to make sure that your reservation gets in our system!!! If you could let me know what dates you are reserved for, I can make sure they are added to the calendar so there isn't a double booking. We can't wait to have you stay at our island home!!
Thanks!!!
Elisa Highley
PSUWethr@rcn.com