Eating tips for San Francisco and Chicago

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
shoemak38

Eating tips for San Francisco and Chicago

Post by shoemak38 »

So I'm going on a world wind business trip next week LA, San Francisco concluding in Chicago.
Wednesday night I was think about going down near fisherman's wharf any great restaurant tips?
I've got Thursday evenings open in Chicago any great eats tips? I've also got about six hours to kill after visiting a supplier in Wisconsin anyone have any great sightseeing tips North of Chicago :D
toes in the sand

Re: Eating tips for San Francisco and Chicago

Post by toes in the sand »

In our visits to San Francisco we have eaten at a couple of Fisherman Wharf restaurants and have found nothing exceptional. Most cater to the passing tourist and you may find yourself being rushed. If you find yourself in the Outer Richmond part of town I will suggest a couple of places;
The Shanghai Dumpling King @ 3329 Balboa St. To look at the outside of this place you would never believe the great food you get. Very reasonable prices for SF.
We like brunch just up the street at Cassava @ 3519 Balboa St.

Or, if your in the North Beach area and looking for Italian, try Sodini's Green Valley @ 510 Green St.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Thanks for the tips; never did dinner in San Francisco the supplier I went to visit insisted I go out to dinner with him at a fabulous Chinese restaurant near the airport. However I did have a nice afternoon walking around the bay and doing the harbor boat cruise :D
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

the link place is in Millbrae, CA
http://www.mayflower-seafood.com/HKFL/#_=_