Rachel - Private Taxi

Travel discussion for St. John
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Rachel - Private Taxi

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

We are bringing our almost 17 month old (at the time of our visit) to STJ this trip, as well as my mom. So - three adults and a toddler. Towards that end, we are thinking about using Rachel, which I've read about a ton on here.

1. Is Rachel still a viable option?
2. Any other options in case Rachel isn't available?
3. Anyone used Rachel recently, and can give me costs / tips / etc.?
jimg20

Re: Rachel - Private Taxi

Post by jimg20 »

Rachel is our first choice. We took her on the round trip STT-RH last June/July. If I remember right we were charged $20/px and gave her another $15 each way. On the way home, she kept our bags in the car and dropped up off in downtown. She picked us up 2hrs later and took us to the airport.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

pipergal

Post by pipergal »

Used Rachel for our trip last week - $20 pp includes bags - she is the best - we made the 3:30 ferry with 1 minute to spare- WIN
Pipergal
inuny

Post by inuny »

Rachel is great-I've used her a few times. For an alternative though, have you thought about renting your car on STT (from Amalie car). You put the toddler in the car at the airport and drive straight to St John (via the car ferry).
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

I was advised with the current car ferry issues that renting on STT might not be a good idea until that situation is resolved. I've not heard about Rachel before how do you prearrange with her?
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

Ed S

Post by Ed S »

I've personally never used Rachel (we always rent our vehicle on STT), but I would just call her to arrange transportation. 340-771-2986
Image[/url]
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Thank you!
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Roxanne,

We used Rachel with Ward and Sylvia last year. It was a pleasure to use her. The trip from Red Hook was easier. I think I would use her again. From what I have heard if she is not available she has a substitute driver. It would be perfect for you, especially coming with Connor. Can't wait to see you all!
ColumbiaSCTraveler

Post by ColumbiaSCTraveler »

Thanks, y'all! I'm calling her this week!

See y'all soon, Marie! Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D