Need a Child's Sized Bucket Hat While on STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
lpowmacback

Need a Child's Sized Bucket Hat While on STJ

Post by lpowmacback »

Hi All,

We'll be back on island SOON and once on there, I'd like to buy a bucket hat (you know, those khaki hats with a brim all around & a string). I'd like one that has St. John, USVI embroidered on it if possible. My hubby bought one years ago in Cruz Bay Watersports, but I am little & need a child's hat - but don't want one that has cutesy child-like things on it ;)

Any suggestions on where to pick one up?

Thanks!
Peace,

Lisa
eala

Re: Need a Child's Sized Bucket Hat While on STJ

Post by eala »

We go through a company called coolibar online. I'm not sure where on island to recommend you to though.
Don't sweat the small stuff!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

You could try St. John Spice. They have a lot of hats and some things in kid sizes. Another option to try is Big Planet in Mongoose Junction. I do remember seeing lots of hats there, but can't remember if they have kid-sized items (we did not stop in there this trip).

If you are visiting Caneel Bay/Honeymoon Beach at all, they have an entire floor of kids clothes and beach gear in their gift shop, upstairs. They stock a lot of cover ups, rash guards, and wide brimmed beach hats, so you may be able to find what you are looking for. That said, if the prices for the kids' stuff are like the prices of the ladies' wear they stock you will pay a premium for sure!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
kklay

Post by kklay »

Big Planet did have items for children on the second floor - not sure about hats but it might be best to email/call and ask them prior to your trip. The National Park Store in Mongoose is another suggestion.
lpowmacback

Post by lpowmacback »

Thank you Kklay, Becky & Eala - all good ideas!! :)
Peace,

Lisa