Boat Tours/Excursions/Charters

Travel discussion for St. John
canucknyc

Boat Tours/Excursions/Charters

Post by canucknyc »

I tried to search the forum for this before posting but didn't find quite what I'm looking for.

We're thinking about doing a day trip to the BVIs for the first time on our upcoming trip (May). We'll be 4 adults, so no need for our own private boat I don't think? Is there somewhere I can find a comprehensive list of companies available for this? Or do you have a favourite that you've used? As I said, would be our first time doing this, so any pointers are welcome, too :D
Suziekue

Re: Boat Tours/Excursions/Charters

Post by Suziekue »

We took our first private boat trip to Jost last November on Kekoa, it was excellent & I would go with them again anytime. Sorry, I don't have any others to compare to because all of our other trips to Jost we took the ferry.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

Suziekue wrote:We took our first private boat trip to Jost last November on Kekoa, it was excellent & I would go with them again anytime. Sorry, I don't have any others to compare to because all of our other trips to Jost we took the ferry.
Suziekue, how much time did you actually get at White Bay, do you remember?
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Yes, we had a snorkel stop on the way for about an hour, then a couple hours in White Bay for drinks & lunch. Met in the morning around 7:30 back in Cruz Bay at 3 to get through Customs before they closed.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

pk14

Post by pk14 »

My wife and I did the Kekoa trip our first time on island and it was fantastic. I guess it really depends on what you're looking for and what your budget is. They take you for a 45 minute snorkel, depending on the water conditions and then over to Soggy Dollar for a couple of hours. Extremely cool story behind the boat. The only draw back is that you're kind of on their schedule--when it's time to go, it's time to go. Each year after that, we've chartered our own boat through One Love Charters, based out of St. Thomas. Joe and Amanda do a wonderful job and come and meet you right in St. John. What I really enjoy with them is that you can come to them with your own itinerary or they can put one together for you. You can spend as much time as you like at each destination. You're given so much more flexibility as to where you want to go or how long you like to stay. Let me know if you'd like any additional info and I can pass along to you. Hope that helps!