Villa suggestions much needed.

Travel discussion for St. John
philbetm

Villa suggestions much needed.

Post by philbetm »

Hi All,

We have set our trip date for July 1st. thru 8th. ...know that will be a hard week to find something but, we just got the vacation approved yesterday. There is going to be 6 -to - 8 of us coming , just our immediate family. Two of that number is our grandchildren. They will be 15 at that time, twins...boy and a girl. We are going to need 4 bedrooms , ac, a decent pool and view would be so good !
This trip is for our 30th anniversary ...but what I really wanted was for our kids to be able to come with us. Soooo Hubby and I will be paying the total cost for the home rental....and I really need to stick with a tight amount of $6000...or under would be nice... :lol: Sure wish Villa Tesori was in that range...oh well I can dream . :) If anyone can offer suggestions that would be great ! We would like to be on the Cruz Bay side anywhere from Fish Bay to North Shore or Hillside. Haven't been able sell the idea of East End or Salt Pond Area yet.

Thanks all,
Sherry (philbetm) ....please private message me here if you need too.
Julia Lasota....anything you might know of would be so appreciated !

Pulling my hair out in South Carolina.... :oops:
" I believe there's Magic here...."
pswlrw

Re: Villa suggestions much needed.

Post by pswlrw »

Chateau Le Tete Rouge might work (it looks like it is available for your week and within budget). I almost booked it this year, but our group grew too big for it. Has the Rendezvous Bay view of Tesori and great outdoor space. It is with cateredto.com
Paula

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

pswlrw , I know exactly where that is...we stayed in a home close to it one year. I will look at it..... :D Thanks for the reply !!

Sherry
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

La Papaya would fit the bill. We've stayed there three times over the years. Just past the Westin on the left up Rock Ridge Road. Very easy to get to town, the pool is great and so is the view.

Glad it is warming up in SC! :D
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Pulley,
Which rental company handles La Papaya ? I really want to look at it as well.
Thanks for suggestion !

pswlrw , Does Chateau loft bedroom have a half bath , ac in it ? It looks really nice .

If anyone knows of anything even in Virgin Grande or at Maria Bluff let me know, please. I have been trying on VRBO....but it keeps acting crazy on me. Showing me STT and STX when I put in STJ . :?
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Check out stjohhhouserentals.com I just found our Coral Bay villa for November there. It seems it's direct contact with owners/managers on island.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Destination St. John handles LaPapaya.
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Vista Caribe - We've stayed here twice and it is nicer than La Papaya and it is at the top of your budget but very nice. The views are AMAZING and I like that the three bedrooms in the main house are all accessed by interior stairs - very homey. You would love this place in Virgin Grand Estates, oh and the twins can walk to the Westin.

https://www.cateredto.com/index.php#!/v ... ribe/rates
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Hi Pully ,

That is the one we had decided on booking . It was available when we made the decision....got up to get my card to book ....page said to refresh...when I did the calendar came up with it booked for our days ! Slipped by me in just a couple minutes ! :shock: Thanks for your continued help. Much appreciated.

Sherry in SC
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Philbetm,
Regarding La Tete Rouge, from what I was told there is a full bath in the main house that the loft bedroom can use and if you close the shutter the main room AC will cool the loft.

Another option if you want Virgin Grand Estates is Cocotier by Destinationstjohn.com Looks available and in budget :) The bedrooms there are definitely more equal.
Paula

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Oh My .... :?

Three different homes we narrowed it down too ! Calendars showed as being available....but when I made contact was told they weren't . All three listed with different companies. Ohhhhh my head hurts ! :(
SRT

Post by SRT »

philbetm,
I know you read my review of our problems with our October villa One of the villas you are looking at has reviews where renters had maintenance issues. For me, red flags come up. Especially when calls weren't returned. I think a good management company knows about what does and does not work--and then takes care of it.
Also, I know from experience, the loft wasn't cooled by the AC in the living room even though we were told it would. It was very hot up there. This has happened to us a couple times in summer.
Just my two cents. Good luck in your search.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Finally :D Villa is reserved ! Now on to finding 2 rental cars/jeeps . 8)
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

SRT ....Yep ! I took the one you did your report on off my list . The pictures on their page def are deceiving . No way to really tell how old those pics are of homes.

Thanks again !

Sherry
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

So.....
Where did you settle on....?
Smiles-
MJ