Paradise 2019

Travel discussion for St. John
ihochman

Paradise 2019

Post by ihochman »

We were booked for our 10th vacation on St John in Feb. Then Hurricane Irma came and with a heavy heart, lots of conversation and emails with our villa owner we decided to wait till 2019. It was a hard decision but for us I think it was right. We donated and sent packages but felt the island might not be ready for prime time. So Isla Mujeres, here we come in Feb for the 4th time. Nothing compares to St John but now we have another trip to plan and look forward to.
equineannie

Re: Paradise 2019

Post by equineannie »

I have considered this Mexican village as a potential retirement spot. If you are a diver, it is very good there. Would love to see your pictures, if you have them, of your trip. Enjoy!
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I’ll definitely take some shots in Isla and either post here or PM you. It’s a fun place with great bars, some good restaurants, beautiful beaches and golf carts for transportation. I’m really going to miss St John but were rebooked for next Feb.
Pia

Post by Pia »

ihochman - we have been thinking of visiting there also so a quick question - as it is so small what area do you recommend to stay (or is the entire island desirable)

Thanks so much ~ Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Pia wrote:ihochman - we have been thinking of visiting there also so a quick question - as it is so small what area do you recommend to stay (or is the entire island desirable)

Thanks so much ~ Pia
chek this out

https://www.facebook.com/islamujeresnew ... 2Y&fref=nf
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Pia, the area we stay in is Playa Norte where the beach is beautiful and it's just a short walk into town. Ive stayed at 3 different hotels in that area and they were all fine. We're staying at NaBalam this time and it'll be our 2nd stay there. We have friends who have rented villas on the ocean side and they loved it there as well. Hope this helps.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Thank you both :)
Realtor - St John Properties