Coral Bay question

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Coral Bay question

Post by mahojim »

Sorry to bother you folks.
Unfortunate personal challenges have taken me away from our forum family, and I apologize.
I'm going to be a little bit scattered with my worry.
Our collective hearts have been broken with the loss of Shipwreck Landing, and our hopes are high for the strength regarding the rebuilding and recovery of the land where our souls live.
So...that said, how's Aqua Bistro coming along?
Like so many others, it's our favorite place to melt into vacation, and hope Marc is rebuilding/repairing.
Thanks to News of St. John, Jenn has given us loads of relief regarding others we've met over the years, and Jenn- just a reminder, YOU ARE LOVED!
Thank you for keeping us STJ lovers informed about the progress.
I can't wait to get back to marry My Sweet Amy, on Maho, without those perfect palm trees...
Bittersweet.
I told you that it'd be "scattered ".
How's Doug from Crabby's...?
Thanks for your understanding!
I miss everything so much.
Smiles-
MJ
Nancie-Pa

Re: Coral Bay question

Post by Nancie-Pa »

Well it's about time Jim! :lol:
You and Sweet Amy are a wonderful, loving couple and St. John is waiting for your return. Hope all your plans go well and please post pics of the momentous event. :P
Friends, they go away then they re-appear...I believe there is Magic here.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Hi Maho Jim! After all these years on the forum speaking so lovingly of your sweet Amy I always you were already married. Heartfelt congrats to you both! And I heard that Shipwreck will rebuild under new ownership. Hope that is true. I recall Pat telling us a couple of years ago that she was thinking about a well deserved retirement. My family has such warm memories there from the time my boys were toddlers- now they are grown men! Looking for the day Shipwreck rises from the ashes!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Hope to see you there, Agent 99!
AND at Aqua Bistro.
Thanks for the kind reply!
Smiles-
MJ
P.S.-
Hey, Nancie!
Go Iggles!!!
watergirl

Post by watergirl »

Hi all,
I was there in November when things wee still pretty rough in Coral Bay. It brought tears to my eyes to see the wreck that was Shipwreck landing; literally a pile of sticks. Like you 99, it was our go to place in STJ and my kids kids grew up there as well. Glad to see they'll rebuild.
Not sure about Aqua Bistro. While there I as told that the owners of Cocoloba were planning to have their property condemned so they could collect the insurance.They were forcing all their tenants out. It was a rumor but the people I spoke to were pretty upset about it. The building didn't look bad at all; but then what do I know, I'm not a structural engineer.
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Congrats to you and Sweet Amy!
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Congratulations. Like Agent99 I felt that you were already married.

Shipwreck was my favorite restaurant. Not just on St. John but my favorite restaurant on the planet. It is the only place that we had eaten at every trip to St. John.