2018 Roll Call

Travel discussion for St. John
Knolmom

Re: 2018 Roll Call

Post by Knolmom »

As the time gets closer, sometimes people will post a suggestion for a meet up at a certain beach or maybe a meet up at a bar. The bars on the waterfront where people usually meet have not yet reopened, with the exception of High Tide. People will sometimes use the PM feature of this forum to get in touch with a particular person who they think might have similar interests like having young children or teens or maybe wanting to do a sail or a trip to the BVI. Check back every week or so and more frequently as the time gets closer.
Jeannie

Post by Jeannie »

Thank you Knolmom! That’s so nice . Thank you for getting back to me as I am still trying to figure out how to use this site . Have good day! :D
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Sometime mid-July for us.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

We just called an audible and switched our June/July trip to Napa to STJ instead. My wife and I were both seemingly pretending that we should go to Napa because we've never been and it's just something we should do. But as we kept discussing it, it became evident that we both would much rather be back in STJ. We finally were like "what the *%#+ are we doing? Let's just go we want to". So no we've got a nice little 5 day trip planned for right before July 4th and are much happier for it.

I'm honestly happier when I have a trip to STJ on the horizon.
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Had such a wonderful trip to St John Feb 8 to 15. Originally the plan was to celebrate my big birthday on St John for 2 weeks in August with large group of family and friends. We were very disappointed that our Paradise was devastated and that people would back out, so we scheduled this winter trip as a consolation.
Then, we decided to do a cruise to the Greek Islands which has been on my bucket list for years in lieu of our two week celebration in August.
After coming home two weeks ago, we knew in our hearts we couldn’t forego the August trip. Much to our surprise, most people came onboard. So Greece is on hold, and we will be on island from 8/5- 8/19 with as few or many of our gang who can join us. Much like Crasherino, we are happiest when we have a trip to St John in the works.
BreakawayBarb

Post by BreakawayBarb »

33 days, 22 hours and 16 minutes. But who's counting...? ; :wink:
ArkieLovesSTJ

Post by ArkieLovesSTJ »

Just booked April 22nd through April 30th. Excited to be able to sneak in the trip we so desperately need... :D
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

It's official we'll be returning the end of October for Halloween!! Can't wait :D
sherban

Post by sherban »

We're in, flights booked! June...
augie

Post by augie »

I'll be back April 11!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Come see us!
RickG

Post by RickG »

augie wrote:I'll be back April 11!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yea! I think EagleRayLover might be missing you.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
jmq

Post by jmq »

Booked last week of June. My wife pushed for it, saying STJ was there for us when we needed it to help us heal, so how can we not return that gift? Can't argue with that. Hope to help the recovery with our $$ and some volunteer work.

The selfish part of me doesn't even want to see what places like our beloved Maho looks like now, so I will try not to get too upset about that.

I see many St. Johniacs who have gone back saying "still great!!!" on social media, but I am not one who usually sees things through rose colored glasses...and one of my favorite things in the world was tucking in under the dappled shade of a seagrape tree with a drink and a good book, and I know those tree lines have been decimated, so I will have to deal with that - I know, I know - privileged white people problems LOL. HEY YOU KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
hartpump

Post by hartpump »

We are finally going to "share" our magical island with our whole family. Kids, parents and "gasp" the new grand baby. Have not been in a few years but we are so excited to show them why we fell in love with St. John. November 10 2018 @ Casa la Famiglia
To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Finally have it booked!

August 29 for 10 nights. Bringing a couple who have visited via cruise ship but haven't had a chance to really explore the island. It's a reschedule from last Fall's cancelled trip.

Couldn't rebook with Destination St. John since they're not allowing any September bookings. Hoping that refund comes as promised. Since it's ultra-low season and the ongoing recovery is still happening, I know some of the places we usually visit won't be open. Looking forward to trying some different places along with some old favorites.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

GraysonDave,

I bet it will be very poignant being there on the one year anniversary. Lots of tears and hopefully even more high fives as locals celebrate their recovery.