Airline Prices are $$$$$$$$

Travel discussion for St. John
BAILEYBAY

Airline Prices are $$$$$$$$

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Living in Indiana we don't have the option of a direct flight. Our home airport is FWA and prices are more than double than any previous year. Right now Delta is over $1,100/per person. I usually buy our tickets 8 or 9 months out but holy moly...I will just be patience and keep checking every day!
hoosierdaddy

Re: Airline Prices are $$$$$$$$

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We are at the other end of the Indiana and fly out of EVV. I am always jealous of the forumites who fly direct and pay half as much as we do. Delta out of Evansville was not as bad with recent tickets at $760-$860 for flights in late February. In the past if we were going as a family it was cheaper and better flights if we went to Nashville the night before. Good luck with your ticket search.
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

I agree hoosierdaddy...so jealous of direct flights. We use to fly out of Detroit, going down the night before, using StayParkFly (it was way cheaper than flying out of Indy) but now its just too much hassle.
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Baileybay, we were able to get our tickets out of DTW to STT for March at $567. I’ve been looking to see if I could swing another trip to either STX or STJ during the holidays but all the airfare is at $1500 or more so not likely. I’m going to keep trying, if I see anything good I’ll be sure to share.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

We live at the other end of Indiana and fly out of Louisville. I hadn't checked flight costs for a while, but WOW, they are through the roof. I even checked Chicago as I thought that may be close for you to use as a departure city and those prices are are sky high, at least on Delta.

I think you are correct. Be patient. I wouldn't think the prices wouldn't get any more expensive and they most likely will drop in price at some point.

Good luck!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Even out of Boston costs are high $600+. So 2019 will be the 2nd year in a row that we opt not to do an island trip instead we're going to Europe as you can get round-trip tickets for $500
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

My son just bought round trip tickets to Tokyo for $730 from Houston. IAH to STT for me is $658...that’s just wrong...
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Ron I agree...its so wrong. The past few days Delta round trip from Ft Wayne, In to Stt has gone up to $1,267/pp. In over 20 years of vacationing to St John I have never seen prices this crazy. They are more than double. I'm hoping and praying they come down to something reasonable. I would love to see $658!!!!!