Trip #3 just booked! And a question

Travel discussion for St. John
Caw954s

Trip #3 just booked! And a question

Post by Caw954s »

Myself, my husband, his brother, and our sister in law are all booked for March 2020! We’re really looking forward to getting back to St. John. We’re staying at Coral Sky Villa, we love being up high. I’ll make sure to write a trip report on this villa.
Is Rachel still providing private taxis from STT to Red Hook? I have her old number 340-771-2986, I haven’t tried to call it yet. Just curious if anyone knows if she’s still running the private taxi service. Thanks!!
Ed S

Re: Trip #3 just booked! And a question

Post by Ed S »

Someone just posted this on TA yesterday..... (and yes that is her correct #).

An update on Rachel's charges, she sent me this earlier this week. "my rate 1 or 2 passengers $70; 3 passengers $25 each; 4 or more still $20 each"

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g ... lands.html
Image[/url]
Caw954s

Post by Caw954s »

Thank you Ed!! Have fun during your upcoming trip :D
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

You might want to take the new ferry from the Crown Bay Marina. It’s a 5 min cab ride from the airport and a half hour ride to Cruz Bay. We did it in Feb and it was fabulous! I think the cost was $20.00 per person plus $5.00 per bag. Well worth it
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Caw954s, thanks, but unfortunately we don't yet have another trip scheduled. My ticker is from our last trip during the first 2 weeks of Dec. 2018. We are struggling since there seems to be one less week between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year (2019). Last year, we flew down the 2nd Sunday after Thanksgiving (Dec. 2nd) and flew back 2 weeks/Sundays later, Dec. 16th, which was 9 days before Christmas. For 2019, if we did the same, our dates would be to fly down either Sat/Sun Dec. 7 or 8, and back Dec. 21 or 22, which is so close to Christmas. We want to avoid flying down Thanksgiving weekend, and not get back a few days before Christmas. I know, first world problems, but this past Dec. was so nice going for 2 weeks (all other previous trips were only 7 or 8 nights)...... we are now spoiled and will feel cheated only going for 1 week. If United had direct flights from EWR daily during shoulder season our problem would be solved and we would likely just cut it short by a few days. Need to decide soon. Have a great trip next March!
Image[/url]
inuny

Post by inuny »

Ed S,

I've been looking at flights after Thanksgiving for a week or 2-prices are high. But United does have some nonstops from EWR. I saw one for Wednesday December 4.
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

inuny, thanks! I will definitely take a closer look at weekday dates during that time. Much appreciated!
Image[/url]
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

inuny, we owe you a painkiller or three! Because you gave me a heads up this morning, I just took a closer look and low and behold United has direct flights from EWR to STT daily starting in early December. So, I literally just pulled the trigger and booked our flights.... two weeks Dec. 4 to 18 and booked our Gallows Point condo!!!
Thank you so much - I really thought that they only had direct flights on weekends and not daily until high season (i.e. starting around Christmas through the spring).
I can't thank you enough!!!!! Ed
(oh and thanks so much Caw954s for starting this whole conversation and commenting that I had an upcoming trip! Sorry to hijack your post LOL!).
Image[/url]
inuny

Post by inuny »

Ed S,

We plan to be on island at the beginning of December, so I will take you up on the painkillers!
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Ellen,
Sounds great! (I just saw and replied to your pm)
Ed
Image[/url]