1 day visit Christmas Day

Travel discussion for St. John
Backtotheislands

1 day visit Christmas Day

Post by Backtotheislands »

My husband booked a cruise that is actually tendering in to St. John on Christmas Day because he knows how much I love it there. I wanted to get a jeep, but the car rentals all say 3 or 4 day minimum and many are closed on Christmas Day. I also know that is busy season on the island. How hard will it be get a taxi? Will it be business as usual? What about buying a bottle of Cruzan? Restaurants, shops, etc? I really wanted to have a car that day, but I think that's out. I figure we can taxi to Caneel and golf cart to Honeymoon if that's open or out to Maho or Trunk. I would love to spend the whole time on St. John, but my husband says there are too many other places to see and we have already been 5 x. I will take the one day I can get, but am a bit concerned about transportation or what may or may not be open. I can't wait to be in my happy place if just for a day!
Exit Zero

Re: 1 day visit Christmas Day

Post by Exit Zero »

If your ship tenders in STJ there will surely be taxis available at the dock. A very busy time of year so a one day rental is fairly unlikely. Most businesses will be open, maybe a little later opening time than usual though.