Still My "Other" Happy Place - St. John 10/26-11/2/19

Travel discussion for St. John
SusanNJ

Still My "Other" Happy Place - St. John 10/26-11/2/19

Post by SusanNJ »

What a great time on St. John.... you can read about it here!
https://susannj.com/2019/11/10/still-my ... 9-11-2-19/
Ed S

Re: Still My "Other" Happy Place - St. John 10/26-11/2/19

Post by Ed S »

Susan, awesome trip report. I always read your Key West reports, but never having been there it's harder to relate. Now St John is another story! Thanks for all the details, amazing pics and reviews. Your villa looked stunning!
Nice shout out to Chesapeake Bay Seafood Company in Long Valley - that was over 30 years ago! We still own a home in Long Valley but have been spending nearly 100% of our time at our shore home we bought a year ago on the Metedeconk River in Brick. After Chesapeake changed hands countless times, it re-opened a couple years ago as Chesapeake Tavern where we have dined frequently (the current owners worked with Rich and Chris back then). Rich actually "sold" Lime Inn to his daughter Chelsea a few years ago who with her husband are also running Lime Out.
So last December when our 2 week stay on St John was ending we hooked up with Pets with Wings and transported a beautiful puppy to EWR. It was so easy and rewarding we hope to do it again when we come back to EWR on 12/18/19 - this time we offered to take 2 puppies since it's my wife and I - hopefully there will be 2 pups needing to make their way to NJ. It's so easy!
Thanks again for the awesome trip report - no better way to enjoy my coffee on my birthday reading your blog!
Image[/url]
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

Thank you so much! Ironically I used to live in Flanders and as a kid our parents would take us to Chesapeake Bay for dinner from time to time. Interesting to know about the owners. Yes next time would love to do the Pets With Wings.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Thanks for the great trip report. The grouper at Cruz Bay Landing looked amazing!

I take the dreaded flight North today. But, I get to come back on Saturday! My new commute.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Susan, small world - Flanders is right around the corner from us - we frequent businesses there often, although we're mostly down the shore now.
Rick, bundle up - it's gonna get really cold over the next 2 days. St John can't come soon enough!
Image[/url]
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

Yes small world!
Rick sorry we missed you this time. Next year!! And wish I had that commute :D
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Thanks for the TR. Great read and great pictures!
Bill in Va

Post by Bill in Va »

Great job on your TR and pics. Hope to add mine after our Nov30-Dec14th visit. God bless...Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...