Beach Bar

Travel discussion for St. John
regansmom

Beach Bar

Post by regansmom »

Is the Beach Bar an appropriate place to eat lunch or dinner for a family or is it an adults only kind of place? We are looking for some moderate places to eat. With six of us we don't want to spend a lot of money every night. Three of the children are teenagers so they eat as much as an adult. Any suggestions would we helpful. We already know we will go to Skinny's. We fly out of Detroit on Friday and are counting the days. Another question we had, is there anywhere at the ferry dock in CA to leave luggage. We can't check into the villa until afternoon on Sat. and thought we could shop a little and take a later ferry over. We are spending Friday night on St. Thomas. Thanks for any help.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

We've taken our kids to the Beach Bar for dinner (sat at a table on the beach and carried the food down). Another option is Banana Deck. Really good food, fun atmosphere, reasonable prices, totally appropriate for teens/parents.

Enjoy your time with them!! We are very much looking forward to taking our kids back this July.

Marcia (Mrs. Pete)
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Another inexpensive, but fun, place for dinner is Sosa's. Don't let the latin party atmosphere put you off. They have good food at good prices. Our kids loved it there. Sosa's is across the street from Sutton's car rental, just up the street from the Lime Inn.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Becky&Brian

Post by Becky&Brian »

We love the Beach Bar and my daughter (7 at the time) enjoyed it as well. We sat overlooking the bay while she played in the sand!!
BasUR

Post by BasUR »

The Beach Bar is one of my children's (13,10,7) favorites places to eat on STJ (during the day). When they are with us we usually try and grab a table on the beach. They love and crave the bean dip!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Same here - We're heading back in only 19 DAYS! and when I asked my 8 year old what he wanted to do on St. John, his first reply was to go to the Beach Bar! Besides the sand and the water, they have some great trees to climb in.

Tracy
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Rastadog

Luggage in CA

Post by Rastadog »

There is a place to check luggage by the ferry dock in CA. As soon as you get off the ferry ask one of the cab drivers or ferry employees about that and they will help you out. We've done it a couple of times with no problems.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Beach Bar is great for kids. No table service can be a good thing.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
regansmom

Post by regansmom »

Thanks everyone for your imput. I knew you would have all the answers. We leave very early Fri AM and couldn't be more excited.