Deborahdesigns

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Deborahdesigns

Post by RickG »

I noticed a new user registered yesterday - Deborahdesigns. Could it be? We miss your shop next to the Lime Inn. My daughters continue to wear their beloved hand painted St. John shirts. They've been handed down across nieces and nephews as they outgrow them. Beautiful work.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
STJ_gal

Post by STJ_gal »

NO GUM!
MIke

Post by MIke »

Rick,
I have a tank top with a hand painted lizard by Deborah that I wear whenever I'm down there on the beach.It was her millenial 2000 version.Wouldn't trade it for anything.
RickG

Post by RickG »

Deborah found this note and sent me an email yesterday. She has a web site at http://www.deborahwillarddesign.com/ and is selling her wares. I put in an order and I'm looking forward to seeing my not so small 10 year old running around with a shirt that fits her again!

Cheers, RickG
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Those are so cute. There used to be a woman in Charleston who did clothes similar to those. I bought several outfits for my girls, and they loved them. I still have some of the dresses. Thanks for the link. Now I can buy some for my grandkids.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
augie

Post by augie »

I may be mistaken, but some of the things on that web site look awfully similar to some that we saw in St. John Kids...
Come see us!
Deborahdesigns

Post by Deborahdesigns »

augie wrote:I may be mistaken, but some of the things on that web site look awfully similar to some that we saw in St. John Kids...
This is Deborah----I painted clothing on St. John for 15 years, from 1989-2004;I had a studio/shop of my own next to Lime Inn from 1996-2004. It would not be surprising to learn that someone's painted clothing looks alot like what I did on the island.

Clothing artists obtain their clothing blanks from many of the same sources, and there are some tropical motifs that are going to show up in every island artist's work. If there are any additional similarities in terms of artistic style, well, they
say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so I'll take it as such.

Deborah Willard
Deborahdesigns
Had shop on St.John from 1996-2004,
DEBORAH DESIGNS, next to Lime Inn
Restaurant.

NEW SHOP! Deborah Willard Design, 604-A North Trade Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101. www.deborahwillarddesign.com
MIke

Post by MIke »

Deborah,
I still wear my SJ 2000 tank with the green lizard you painted, everytime I snorkel on the island.You could not buy it off me.

Mike
Deborahdesigns

Post by Deborahdesigns »

MIke wrote:Deborah,
I still wear my SJ 2000 tank with the green lizard you painted, everytime I snorkel on the island.You could not buy it off me.

Mike
Thanks---that's always great to hear!!
Deborah
RickG

Post by RickG »

I ordered a painted shirt from Deborah for my daughter. It was quite a hit. It was a Christmas present. As soon as she opened it she left her unopened presents to go put it on. She had been very disappointed when she grew out of her old ones. Deborah added the St. John U.S.V.I. Thanks Deborah!

http://www.deborahwillarddesign.com/

Cheers, RickG
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

very cute! girl and shirt!
Sleehog

Post by Sleehog »

hmmmm - winston salem. I will have to try to slide by there to pick up something for my little girl. I am in Cary but make it in that neighborhood from time to time.

I like it how Rick subtly pimps a product or service he finds to his liking :)

Nice find Rick!!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Oh my gosh Rick, you'd better watch out.............your daughter is a cutie!!! Hold tight to her as long as you can.......

Happy New Year to your family!