Dinghies; Noah's or Calypso?

Travel discussion for St. John
daffy2

Dinghies; Noah's or Calypso?

Post by daffy2 »

We are planning to rent a dinghy in a few weeks and looking at he websites for these two places I can see that Calipso dinghys have a steering wheel and seats but are also more expensive than Noah's Little Arks.

Has anyone had experience with both and do you think its worth spending the extra money?
Bug

Post by Bug »

I have used both places and will tell you that if don't mind spending the extra money it is worth it.

The Calypso dingy's have seats and a stearing wheel. The seats along are great so that your not bouncing all over the place. They also have a bar that you can pull yourself back in with. This is a BIG help.

That's my 2 cents :D

XOXO
Bug
BreakawayBarb

Dinghies & Calypso

Post by BreakawayBarb »

We've rented from Noah's a couple of times and always had a terrific experience. (They also have the coolest name around!) Cruising around the island and exploring secret snorkle spots is among the top STJ activities on our list. However, we will be going on a Calypso charter (anyone interested in Jost van Dyke on Dec. 12?) and will definitely check out their dinghies. They do look more comfy...
LJB9972

Noah's

Post by LJB9972 »

My husband and I, along with by sister-in-law and her husband, rented from Noah's a couple of years ago. My brother-in-law is very comfortable with boats, so he did all the captaining. I can tell you though that there is probably a video somewhere of my sister-in-law and I try to get back into the darn thing after snorkeling at Trunk Bay!! Two middle-aged plump women trying to heist ourselves into the raft in rough water..........not a pretty picture. For that reason alone I'd love something that would make it easier to back into!!
Sleehog

Post by Sleehog »

How many people can you comfartably fit in those dinghies?

And what exsactly constitutes boating experience as referenced on the Calypso site?