Zip Line Tour on St John or St Thomas

Travel discussion for St. John
verjoy

Zip Line Tour on St John or St Thomas

Post by verjoy »

We have a Grandaughter who wants to take a zip line tour while we are there next June. Anyone have any knowledge of this type of activity or something similar? This would be for an 18 yr old and possibly a 12 yr old. Would it be very dangerous? We grandparents are not into high risk!!!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

We're thinking of a zipline tour from the balcony to the beach, going right past the webcam. Not sure the landlord will approve though. We didn't have too much luck with the water slide idea.
I've never heard of a zipline tour on STT or STJ, but someone else may know of one.
-Ruth
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I love you Ruth!
Kidding aside, Zip line tours are a lot of fun. We did one in Roatan and had a blast. I can't imagine where you would be able to have one, nowhere on STJ, maybe STX or STT, but it is doubtful that it would actually happen (thank goodness)
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I think your grandaughter is thinking about
Costa Rica. I've never seen anything like a zip line
on St John. Good luck
Pia

Post by Pia »

No Zip Lines here - thank goodness :)

Pia
Bandit

Zippity Do Dah...

Post by Bandit »

But wouldn't a Zip Line from St.Thomas to St. John be wonderful? Especially if it began at the airport. :lol:
lisa

Post by lisa »

My husband and I did a zipline tour in the Daintree Rainforest near Cape Tribulation in Australia earlier this year. It was a blast. Even my husband enjoyed it and he is afraid of heights. They definitely have them in Costa Rica too. They strap you in so many ways that there is no danger at all, plus we all had to wear helmets. You slide from treetop to treetop really fast. It is definitely a different perspective on the tree canopy.

That said, the hikes we did on the ground, where we got to see cool plants and animals close-up, were way better than the zipline tour IMO. If one were offered on St. John I'm sure we'd rather snorkel or hike. But I like the idea of ziplining to STJ right from the airport!
homepage.mac.com/lisaandmarktravel

web.mac.com/lisaandmarktravel
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

I think it would be a blast!

There is one in Puerto Rico. I think it as a day trip that includes some hiking, exploring caves, etc.

If St. John had a zipline I would love to do it! My teens have been asking to do it.

Some suggestions: on our trip my teens loved Trunk Beach and taking a day tour to the BVI's to explore and snorkle. They also loved kicking back at the villa using the pool and hot tub.

Gina
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

Yes you heard it here first Ruth's newest venture. In partnership with Varlack Ruth will be installing an extreme sports zip line ferry boarding trail directly from the new cash register on the balcony to the fantail of Varlack's Ferries.
For the lowely sum of $10 us, you can shop St John spice then repel to the waiting Ferry on Departure!

This is of course subject to government approval and subsidy by the legislature
Money Soon Come!

Just Kidding. We are packing up and sending stuff to Goodwill so I needed to take a break and do something fun.

Jay
PS Ruth should you decide to imlement this I will take a bag of Grill Rub for my fee for the business plan. :lol:
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

There is a zip line on St. Maarten, so they aren't just limited to Central America. But St. Maarten is a pretty far swim from STJ.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Verjoy,
All kidding aside, you should take your grandchildren to the National Park Visitors Center and get them signed up for a hiking tour of some kind. With or without you, they should do some sort of adventure with the National Park. The guides are great and they love to work with kids.
Have fun,
-Ruth
RastaBabe

Post by RastaBabe »

A zipline tour would be a blast! I would love to try one. :D
I would love to spend the rest of my life in shorts, flip flops and with a drink my hand on a nice beach!
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

:wink: Dear Ruth,
Actually, I am relieved to hear there are no zipline tours, and even more relieved that rental jeep drivers must be over 25 yrs old! The National Park Service hiking tour sounds like a very good idea, I will mention it to her Dad (my son).

However, if you decide to go ahead with the zipline ferry connection venture, I will need a double wide seat for my posterior and a senior discount.... :P

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Verjoy.........toooooooo cute :D

Pia
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

verjoy wrote:However, if you decide to go ahead with the zipline ferry connection venture, I will need a double wide seat for my posterior and a senior discount.... :P
Too funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: