Reply from car rental

Travel discussion for St. John
sea-nile

Reply from car rental

Post by sea-nile »

About 2 weeks ago I called STJ Car Rental and they said to FAX in my information and credit card #. We aren't going to STJ for 6 months, but I decided to book early due to advice form others on the forum.
I asked that they send me a confirmation that they received my FAX. I didn't get anything. I am trying to be patient with Iskand time and all, but I was wondering if I should expect a confirmatiion eventually or will I have to call?
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I don't believe they send confirmations. I have 3 Jeeps reserved for June (through our agent on island) and I didn't get a confirmation either. I e-mailed my agent and she said we're all set and not to worry. If you really want to get a confirmation you're going to have to 'push' for it. Call and see what they say. I bet they tell you that all is arranged and not to worry. Remember things are done differently in the islands.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

I sent them a fax the first part of November to rent a vehicle for my April trip; I heard right back from them! This was encouraging, but I agree with Diana - you're probably all taken care of...just keep trying to get in touch, or even send them another fax with your question. Good luck!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi sea-nile! You are renting from a different company than I am, but I had the same thing happen. Faxed my form, never heard back. I called after a week and the lady at Courtesy (who was extremely nice, by the way!) told me they were swamped and while I was on the phone, she located my faxed form, verbally confirmed it and then within about 10 minutes I had an e-mail confirmation. I bet if you call St. John Car Rental they will do the same for you :) Good luck!
Eric in NJ

Post by Eric in NJ »

I used St John Car Rental 2 times and was very pleased. I believe I recieved a confirmation both times but old age is settin' in and I wouldn't swear to it. The people working there were very nice I would call or send an email.

4 more sleeps to paradise. I'm already packed!! What do I do now??
Eric in NJ

You never know where you're going till you get there.
KWL

rental confirmations

Post by KWL »

Cool Breeze mails me a confirmation of my reservation and deposit every year.
toni

Post by toni »

I booked a car rental once through the villa rep when I booked a place 9 months in advance, and about a month prior to arriving when I had them check on the rental it was non existent. So I prefer to do it myself now. Conrad Sutton works well by email; probably some of the others do too. Good luck!
Toni
MKPK

St, John Car Rental

Post by MKPK »

We just requested a jeep for our upcoming trip in a few weeks, this was an unplanned, spur of the moment trip over New Years. After faxing our information to St. John Car Rental to reserve a jeep and after waiting a few days and not receiving a confirmation, we called and verified our reservation. Not only did they have the reservation, they confirmed it! We consider ourselves luckey to get a car at this late date but if you have any doubts, give them a call.
Wheels up in 31 days!
sea-nile

car rental

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks everyone.
Last year we supposedly had a car from a different car rental agency and when we arrived it was non-existent. I guess that is why I am paraniod. I will give STJ car rental a call.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

We used St John car rental last May and were very happy with them. Yes, my husband did call because we had not gotten a confirmation, and the lady was very sweet, and said indeed they were expecting us and not to worry. Actually, the day we left St John my husband went over to settle up and drop the car off and the person who took care of him was unaware that we had paid part up front and overcharged him about $100.00. My husband did not bother to check the receipt and of course he was anxious to get to the ferry and meet me as he had seen the line when he dropped me off with the luggage. Well about three weeks later, he gets a call on his cell phone from St Joh rental telling him that they were crediting us for the error. Honestly, we probably would not have noticed and I was very impressed that they called us to let us know about their error. Will certainly use them again.
Genral

Post by Genral »

Can't say enough good things about STJ Car Rental. We used them the last few times and they've been great people to deal with. Even when I dinged the rear bumper last year, they said 'No big deal, don't worry about it' We will definitly continue to use them.
No matter where you go, there you are.
sea-nile

STJ car rental

Post by sea-nile »

I finally called them today and yes, they did get my FAX. I couldn't resist telling them to enjoy the STJ weather because here we just got 12" of snow! Yes, I am home today and so are the kids. Snow Day!
:D
We will have to shovel later :(