What are you listening to?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

This very moment I am listening to Cece Winans. I am not a very religous person but I really enjoy her music.
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

We are all over the map. I too love Kieth Urban, The Shins and Jack Johnson. Josh Rouse, Beck and Moby remind me of STJ because my brother brought them along on a previous trip and we loved them, too. I'll probably bring along some old favorites of Dan Fogelberg like Captured Angel and Souveniers if I can hear it with without shedding a tear or two. Haven't listened to anything of his since he passed away.
Another old favorite is Buckinham/Nicks, the record that Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks put out before they joined Fleetwood Mac. Also love Hypnotized by FM before B/N.
Connie

Post by Connie »

I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but the last CD I bought and the one I'm listening to all the time in the car is KC's live album. Just scored really good tickets to the Philly show, have a hotel room so we don't have to drive home this time and looking forward to the great concert. Especially looking forward to seeing Keith Urban again. He's an amazing performer.

So...KC it is!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

"Who Stole the Hot Sauce"
Amanda Shaw
I'm Not a Bubble Gum Pop Princess
-Ruth
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

A conference call about how to build a Wiki.

Oh...not what we all meant.

Then...Michael Buble. He soothes me while I ponder my next inane work project.
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Will someone please tell me what a "wikki" is?
-Ruth
sherban

Post by sherban »

Music...well, I could go on and on about that but I'll try to have some self control. I actually remember, to this day, listening to the ' Stones "Paint it Black" when I was about three years old..I SWEAR! It was 45s in the 60's and 70's, some eight tracks, then casette and finally CDs in the 80's now it is all bits and bytes. Right this minute I am listening to the soundtrack of "Robots" out of one of my kid's ceral boxes...what-ever... I've been listening to John Mayer lately and all mu faves like U2, Santana, Fun Lovin' Criminals, John Lee Hooker, Sade...etc.

I really miss the days when I was single and lived in Atlanta and would listen to "Album 88" for new rock and progressive and Clark-Atlanta University for Jazz and Blues...those were the daze!
StJohnRuth

The Heart of Life

Post by StJohnRuth »

This is for anyone who might be having a bad day. Or week. Or month. Or whatever. It happens.

JOHN MAYER LYRICS
"The Heart Of Life"

I hate to see you cry
Lying there in that position
There's things you need to hear
So turn off your tears
And listen

Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

You know it's nothing new
Bad news never had good timing
But then the circle of your friends
Will defend the silver lining

No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good

Fear is a friend who's misunderstood
But I know the heart of life is good.
I know it's good.
MarciaMarciaMarcia

Post by MarciaMarciaMarcia »

Ruth, we are big John Mayer fans too. He is quite the amazing guitarist, too.
sherban

Miles Davis and Cannonball Adderly

Post by sherban »

I was up in Maine at my Mom's house this week and popped in her copy of Miles Davis "Kind of Blue"....wow!!! You forget how good these classics are until you hear them again...at least, I did. I was jumpin' in her kitchen, playing air trumpet, wagging my butt and snappin' my fingers to the beat :!: .

What an album. http://www.milesdavis.com/music_discography.asp

Another of my personal Jazz favorites is Cannonball Adderly "Something Else".

Cheers!
sherban

Post by sherban »

I've just started getting into some hardcore latin stuff...hardcore meaning "real", or "old school" in this case.

Thinking about taking my sweety somewhere that does dancing (maybe San Juan?)...

Diggin on some Tito Puente....been a big fan of Santana for > 20 years and hadn't heard Tito's "Oye como va" until this weekend...diggin' it and some others...fun.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Tito Puente is really good! Have you heard any of Gato Barbieri's music? He plays Europa like no one else can! Carlos Santana wrote it & recorded it, yet, I think Gato still plays it best!
Teddy Salad

Post by Teddy Salad »

Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley. Could that girl ever sing. What a tragedy we lost her so young.
sherban

Post by sherban »

California Girl wrote:Tito Puente is really good! Have you heard any of Gato Barbieri's music? He plays Europa like no one else can! Carlos Santana wrote it & recorded it, yet, I think Gato still plays it best!
CG- I have one Gato B. CD somewhere, bought it years ago...maybe I should dig it out and give it a spin...