So Good, So Good, So Good! Realtime trip report

Travel discussion for St. John
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Thank you!!....Thank you!!!!....Thank you!!!

Your reports with pics are amazing! You are awesome!
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Hey 99...Great shots! That one of Gibney in the morn'n hours is sooo serene looking. For a quick minute I was there :D
Keep 'em coming and tell #1 son to go for that Nat'l Geo photographer career! I remember thinking that would be a fantastic job, seems sooo long ago now :wink:

Take care and have a blast!!

Kathy
hlsess

Post by hlsess »

thanks for all the photos- I am getting evne more excited- we'll be there in 4 weeks!!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Love the real time reporting.

Not much new up here - wicked rains today!

Pitchers and catchers are still pitching and catching (except Curt!)

I see the Canon lens cap - what kind of camera is the future photographer using?

thanks for thinking of us!
janet
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Agent 99 (formerly known as Marcia, Marcia, Marcia):

Your report is fantastic so far. Do not feel stressed though, that you have to post here. It is YOUR vacation after all...to do as you please, with the little time you have, in paradise.

Oh, and don't worry about the rest of us. We'll be fine in our winter hell on the main land. From blizzards to ice storms to tornados. Nope, we'll be fine. Just relax and enjoy yourself.

Did you write something in the sand the other day again? I saw something but could not make it out. I even went to the archives but, it was still really hard to read.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Your pictures and report are great! Please keep it coming!
Dave-a-roni

Post by Dave-a-roni »

I'm enjoy'in. Keep'em coming. Buffalo is going through a freeze/melt, wind, freeze/melt... ugh. These make me look up to better times coming in the future! :)

2 things.

One, I heard through the grapevine that Jet Blue was fly'in down there... looked into it for our next visit, nothing. But I guess it's true?

Second, Now I am regretting not pool hopping in the Westin pool the last time we were there... haha, thats's funny!
"Try to preserve nature where you live, not just where you visit"

Photo's
2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 118102515/
2005 http://www.flickr.com/photos/dave-a-ron ... 326642810/
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

Thanks for the trip report. Photo bucket is taking forever to load the photos so I'll see them later. I think that Westin pool thing is too funny.
When will I see St John again?
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Morning folks!

Thanks for the nice comments. It is really fun sharing this with you....and since the rooms now have wifi it is so easy!
This is our new view. Check out that big gal just off shore.

Marcia, we only wrote one message in the sand.... "So Good". After arrival we avoid the walk of woe at all costs until we are forced not to. The closest we'll get is St. John Spice.

Jayseadee, We're using the Canon Rebel. After looking at poster Vicki's beautiful photos I invested in the Ultra-wide 10-22mm zoom lens. It's a great lens!

Dave, Jet Blue flies to San Juan. It saved us several hundred $$ per ticket to go that way. The puddle jumper is a hoot, too, as long as it's not too bumpy.

Breaking news..........#2 lost a tooth.......Life still happens, even on vacation.

Here's the new bathroom in 9C. It's amazing the difference a few high quality amenities make. The glasswear, the artwork, the pillows are even better.....not AS good as the one I brought mind you, but not bad. We will request this suite again for sure.

We're off now to JJ's for breakfast then on to the day's adventure and 3 Bs, a beach, a book and a beverage.
The sun is out and a brief shower just moved through. You know that spells rainbow...... TBC
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

wow, what a difference from the bathroom in the unit we stayed in for one night last month...

nice. have a fun day.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Great report thanks.
Tom
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Your new unit looks really nice!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, I'm really enjoying your reports.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

You're making this really fun for all of us! :) Great reporting and great pics. (p.s. - since it's confession time, I'll out myself here and now; I'll be staying at the Westin next month.) Thanks, Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Thanks for the great reports. Gibney is my favorite as well.