question about water

Travel discussion for St. John
MarianneS

question about water

Post by MarianneS »

We have been going to St John for many years now and thanks to retirement we will on island for a month, HOORAY! In the past we have bought the gallon water bottles at the grocery stores but hate the idea of tossing them out when empty. Since our stay is quite a bit longer this year, do any of the on island residents have any suggestions? The house we are staying at doesn't have a water filtration system. I have heard about ST John Ice and Water, do they refill bottles or offer any other solutions?
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Refill them at St John Ice. much cheaper and environmentally friendly.

A month? I am soooo jealous
cinnyb

Post by cinnyb »

Yes. That is one of the great tips you will get on this forum. I felt guilty throwing so much stuff that would be recycled here in NY in the dumpster. Recycling should be one of St. John's top priorities. It seems like bottle redemption could be profitable to someone, but of course I don't understand the logistics there.
lprof

water refills

Post by lprof »

If you are staying in the Coral Bay/Salt Pond area, water refills have been available at the sundries shop at Concordia.
MarianneS

water question

Post by MarianneS »

Thanks for the responses. I'll feel so much better refilling the gallon bottles, now if only January wasn't so far off!