Island Blues???

Travel discussion for St. John
Diana2

Island Blues???

Post by Diana2 »

So what's the deal about Island Blues. I heard it closed Tuesday but is there an update??? I love that place.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Not 100% on this, but I heard Wednesday that it has been sold but no news as to what is going on - I'll let you know when I hear for sure.

Pia
DiverDrew

Post by DiverDrew »

I was on-island earlier this week.

When we drove past Island Blues on Tuesday night (5/20) there was a sign out front saying "Last Day - come say goodbye" or something like that. We ate there late last week - so at least we got one last meal in.

As someone else mentioned, it's likely to reopen under new ownership some time in the future. I certainly hope so, although I'll think of it as Island Blues forever.
Marcia

Post by Marcia »

Hi, I am a lurker, but had to post on this. Rumor (truely a rumor) is that it has been sold to someone stateside and will be opening up in a few weeks. Of course that might be a "few weeks"...in island time.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Don't know if anyone's noticed when they were Island Blues -- all of the signs of what it has been over the years posted on the walls and the ceilings (it's a running joke). Island Blues was just it's latest incarnation-- loved that place though!! Sad to see it go!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I hope that the rumors are true and that Island Blues is reincarnated. I did notice that the building is in very poor condition and in need of major renovation.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Not sure how much renovation will be done ($$$) as I believe "Island Blues" looses their lease when the new marina is built (again don't quote me on that just yet :wink: )

Pia
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Oh, I totally wasn't thinking about the new marinia thing. Will that building come down when that project gets going?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pia

Post by Pia »

Nope - not dead in the water, and as far as I have heard they are still moving ahead (on "island time" of course :wink:) unless you have seen an update that I have missed (quite possible :D ) we all agree wrong place but what can ya do ?????

Pia
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Welcome out of lurkdom, Marcia! Cute avatar! You should post a picture of those doggies on the Show Your Pet thread on the Off Topic forum! :D
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Well, maybe I don't have to worry about noise from Karoke night after all. What a shame. Island Blues was one of my favorite haunts!
katiep

Post by katiep »

Funny... not sure what to offically say to this, BUT, fear not - it will be reopening soon. Know this first hand, a good friend is involved and will be spending a lot of time on STJ.. starting, like, now.
VayCay

Post by VayCay »

BUMP...any updates???