Kenny Chesney Show Last Night in Atlanta

Travel discussion for St. John
acohen

Kenny Chesney Show Last Night in Atlanta

Post by acohen »

Hubbie and I went to the Kenny Chesney show last night and were thrilled to hear Kenny sing "Be As You Are!" Took us back to STJ for a few minutes :D
sillymom

Post by sillymom »

We went and saw him on Thursday and he did it as well ,he said it was the first time he had ever done it live. I guess a man that won a meet and greet asked him to do something from that cd. It was the best Kenny concert for me because of that song.
acohen

Post by acohen »

I agree! Him singing that song (and he remembered all the words!) made a GREAT concert FANTASTIC :D
islandgirlstuckinVA

Thursday concert in Virginia Beach

Post by islandgirlstuckinVA »

Kenny also performed this song last night at the concert in Virginia Beach. He said that someone at the meet and greet had convinced him to play it...

The woman next to me started screaming, saying she was married on STJ. You never know where you'll find lovers of St. John (AND Kenny! hehe)

amazing concert. as usual ;)
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I'm going to see Kenny next weekend at Gillette Stadium and I soooooo hope he sings Be As You Are. Yes, my favorite song. :wink: Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

The 'be as you are' song is the one that mentions quiet mon?

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
va2stj

Post by va2stj »

We also went to Kenny Chesney in Va Beach. We "went back" to STJ during that song! It was the "drive a little while on the wrong side of the road" that did it!
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

b-as-u-r wrote:I'm going to see Kenny next weekend at Gillette Stadium and I soooooo hope he sings Be As You Are. Yes, my favorite song. :wink: Ali~
From what I have been told from people who catch that show, he normally does
'please come to boston' and then maybe 'she comes from boston'..........

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
lovethebeach

Post by lovethebeach »

We just returned from St. John - BVIs trip yesterday. While we were gone, Kenny's tickets for the St. Louis show in September went on sale. Even though we are in his fan club, we were unable to purchase tickets when they first were released to fan club members. Luckily, my husband was able to get two tickets this morning. I was able to drive on the wrong side of the road in Anegada. I had always wanted to try it, but the other islands were too intimidating for me. With only 220 on Anegada, I figured how many people could I actually hit????
jmq

Post by jmq »

Roads on Anegada?
I thought those were washboards covered with a fine white powder... :D
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
carron

Post by carron »

Saw Kenny last Saturday at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. He seemed to be totally enjoying the whole stadium experience moreso than when I've seen him in arena performances. The only song he sang from the "Be As You Are" CD is Old Blue Chair which I love. Keith Urban and Leeann Rimes were awesome. I'm still waiting to catch a glimpse of KC oneday on St. John!