Travel discussion for St. John
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

pjayer,
You crack me up.
-Ruth
Tiger Prof.

Post by Tiger Prof. »

Thank you for all of the responses. I do realize that we could run into nakedness at any beach. My husband and I shared Denis Bay with Nekkid Guy for a whole day once. Solamon was the first beach we went to on our very first trip to STJ (in 2000) and we were the only ones there WITH clothes on, so I just assumed that's the way it always is! To quote an episode of "Seinfeld", there's good naked and bad naked and that day it was definitely the latter.

Since I didn't get much first-hand info on the Maria Hope trail we will just have to try it and report back. Our plan is to get dropped off at the trail head, hike down to Maho, spend the day at Maho then hike the Goat Trail to the camp and take the Maho Bay shuttle back to town.

I am getting excited for our trip, but it never seems real to me until we are on the ferry. Since we are keeping it a secret from our children, we have to maintain life as usual around the house. I cringe every time my son steps on the soccer field or lacrosse field. He plays sports with reckless abandon and I am so worried that he will get hurt before the trip. Watching Abby Wambach didn't help much with that fear.
mia

Post by mia »

Tiger Prof.

Just noticed we are from our neck of the woods and wanted to say "Hey, neighbor!" We live in Webster on the shores of Lake Ontario.

My husband graduated from RIT with an EE degree many, many moons ago.

Hope you have a safe and fun trip. :D

mia
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown
hugo

Post by hugo »

Maria Hope Trail-- haven't been on it since last winter, but it's not much rougher than many of the Park trails, and it hasn't rained here in months, so the vegetation shouldn't be an issue. The lowest section of this trail does cross private land and I believe the (off-island) owners are still unaware that the "Trail Bandit" has directed the public onto their property. The upper section is part of the huge Maho Bay parcel that the Trust for Public Land purchased a controlling interest in this past year.