Silly Coffee Question

Travel discussion for St. John
MLS

Post by MLS »

No question about coffee is ever silly!
augie

Post by augie »

I'm a recent convert to roasting my own beans.

Fortunately, Reef Madness has a grinder, so I'll bring freshly roasted whole bean with us, and be able to have fresh ground each morning while watching Coral Bay come to life!

By the way, if you ever get a chance to have some of RonL's roasted coffee - jump at it!

I'm sure Rick's is good as well, but as of now I've never had any of his (there is also an espresso machine at Reef Madness - so maybe he'd like to make the trek over some morning to correct that!) :wink:
Come see us!
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

We like to use the Toddy (http://www.toddyproducts.com/) for our cold drip as we always drink iced coffee. SO's sister actually brought her Toddy in her luggage to STJ and we had cold drip Community Coffee the entire trip.

Stjdeb - you may want to try Community instead of CDM. I haven't had CDM in a long time so I can't tell ya' about it...maybe it's the water :?

If we weren't bringing our own, I would DEFINITELY buy our coffee from Ruth as it smells so good in STJ Spice...just too many people that want that chickory in our crowd.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

By the way, if you like iced coffee, Morgan's Mango makes an AWESOME drink called ICED CAFE CUBANO (Cruzan Rum Cream, Tia Maria, espresso coffee and cream, shaken and poured over ice). Oh my God, that is such a good drink!!!!
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

Nothintolose - I think it's just the fact that I have to drink it Cleveland and not New Orleans! It is a good time down there! Chickory coffee was just a part of the whole experience, but the only part I can relive at home! It's just one of those places I'd like to return to, but never have the time! (ok, I keep wasting vacations on St. John, but I can't help it!)
Deb
Bumblebee2

Post by Bumblebee2 »

I agree with MLS. We had some DELICIOUS iced lattes at the Gallows Store - "Every Ting". I can't wait - we'll be there in two days!!
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

augie wrote:By the way, if you ever get a chance to have some of RonL's roasted coffee - jump at it!
Aw... Shucks... thanks, Steve! :oops:

Needless to say, I brought my own coffee and a hand grinder to grind it fresh each morning.
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!