Advice for Traveling to Ireland

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
LMG

Post by LMG »

Wow, thanks everyone. How exciting and encouraging!

If any of you happen to check back in here, what time of year did you visit? I'm thinking spring/early summer.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Last time I was there was January and we expected the worst. We were there for Charlie's 40th birthday. On his actual birthday we went exploring in Co. Wicklow and it was nearly 50 degrees! It was wonderful!

The other time I was there was May of 2003 for a Bruce show :) As far as I can recall that weather was nice as well. Warm enough for no jackets during the day but I think I need a jean jacket or something at night.

This topic made me go back and look at the photos from our last trip. There are not too many that I would publish in a public forum :) but I do like this one a good deal
Lex

Post by Lex »

Here's a couple of pics:

Main Street in Doolin, County Clare

Dar Lough in Connemara

Makes me wonder why we haven't gone back yet.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh those photos bring back warm memories! Both times we went were in September. The weather was spectacular.
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

We were there in March. We expected rain, but every single day was sunny and beautiful. Luck o' the Irish??
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

LMG wrote:Wow, thanks everyone. How exciting and encouraging!

If any of you happen to check back in here, what time of year did you visit? I'm thinking spring/early summer.
As I mentioned earlier we visited in July. I think late Spring/early Summer would be ideal. The later into Summer the more tourists around, but I never felt crowded in anywhere during our visit. The weather will be the nicest then too.

Thanks for the pics Lex! Last night after posting here I pulled out the ol' photo album and reminisced with my honey :)

Makes me wanna go again real soon, but I've already got 2 trips in the works! Guess I'll have to semi-live it through your planning and questions LMG :wink:
LMG

Post by LMG »

Beautiful photos, ladies. Thank you! Again, I don't know how I'm going to wait. Good thing there's some St. John on the agenda. :)

(MaryBeth- speaking (sort of) of Bruce, did you happen to see this? http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... index.html)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

LMG wrote:Beautiful photos, ladies. Thank you! Again, I don't know how I'm going to wait. Good thing there's some St. John on the agenda. :)

(MaryBeth- speaking (sort of) of Bruce, did you happen to see this? http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/0 ... index.html)
heh, I did and must say I am surprised anyone could find her guilty for that ;)
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

We have travelled in early/mid July all five times, and have had typical Ireland summer weather. Some rain and some sun and as good as it gets in Ireland. And probably a bit less tourists than in August.

Lex - I recognize that street in Doolin. I think we had dinner in the first pink house one evening.

No pics unfortunately, as we didn't have a digital camera then :( .