Missing Web site information

Travel discussion for St. John
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I agree with liamsaunt. Keep the photos current. It's very disappointing to find that the furnishing are tired and worn.
MIke

Post by MIke »

Bart,

It looks like it might be easier and cheaper to fly the forum down to look at your villa.

Congratulations on your villa.

Mike
RickG

Post by RickG »

I'd love to know more about the blender. We like one that can puree just about anything. Those Blendtec units are great.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC8Zvl-8ziA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC8Zvl-8ziA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Bart I hope you're not sorry that you asked! As you can see there are some determined and savvy villa-hunters on this forum.

If it hasn't been mentioned: screens. People love to open the windows to a nice breeze, and if your site mentions screens they'll know they can do that.

Here's a thread about what people ask when they book a villa. Along with some humor (it's the forum, after all!) this might give you more ideas of what people are looking for (and maybe save you some time answering inquiries for potential renters):
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ight=villa
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

Yes to all of these things!

Availability calendar (up to date) is key to me.

Floor plans a close second.

If you have screens, please note that they are in good repair (I hate it when I get there and the screens have holes).

Clothing optional private?

Washer/Dryer?

Ample outdoor seating (dining and lounging)?

Bed configurations - what size in which rooms
Jennifer

DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

I always inquire about the driveway, so I can forewarn my newbie friends. It would save me a phone call. Of course I get the typical answer "not too bad" and then find it is like driving up a wall. It would be good info for me.
Thanks.
cruiserkcs

Post by cruiserkcs »

The most important thing to my husband is the air conditioning - whether it has full house a/c or just in the bedrooms or none at all.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I am totally with Liamsaunt on the photos. Vacation Vista's photos of our 07 rental are awful (dated and poor quality)

Fortunately, someone on the forum emailed me their pictures, which swayed me to rent the house. I am so glad we did because it was great.
Bart Wailes

Missing Web Site Information

Post by Bart Wailes »

Wow Ladies and Gentlemen!
I was thinking I might get a few responses. Thanks for your help. I will print out the responses and I will be adding to my original blurb to the Webmaster.
To answer a couple of questions:
The house is called "Monkey No Climb" which is VERY HIGH above Coral Bay, near the top of Bordeaux Mountain, going up from Island Blues. They have just finished paving a .25 mile dirt portion of Bordeaux Mountain Road so you can now drive to the house all on pavement. We have contracted with Carefree Getaways to market the house. They do NOT have an availability calendar. I will try to add one to our website. I will also add a map of our location and house layout. We are active and our calendar is WIDE OPEN at this point. I also hired David the photographer of "one horn butt fish" fame to reshoot the house. Once the website is ready I will take out an advertisement with Anthony and Jeff of Bongo Bongo fame.
I followed the Bongo Bongo and Reef Madness construction blogs over the past few years and it is amazing how helpful the internet can be. Thanks for your input all.