Playing Chicken with Air Fare

Travel discussion for St. John
LynnieGirl

Re: Playing Chicken with Air Fare

Post by LynnieGirl »

I guess you could say we played (a small game of) chicken as well but I flinched...early! When I first started looking back in November (for our July trip) Delta was the cheapest at $638. My husband told me to buy but I was sure it was going to go down. I held out for several weeks and we bought at $679. From there it went up to $800 so I was really glad we pulled the trigger. Yes, I look(ed) and they are at $759 now. I wish I would have gotten the $638 but I can live with the other and like you guys, we're going to STJ for our 30th anniversary! Yay us!
Just another day for you, you and me in Paradise...

~Tammy
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Well, you all got me curious. I just checked and the price on my flight has dropped more than $200 to a "fabulous" $744 :roll: , so I just tried to call Delta. I'm currently waiting for a call back. I'll let you know what I learn.
Image[/url]
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Update...After the $200 change fee, I now have a voucher for $13.33. :? Oh well, I'm just excited to be going to my favorite place in FOUR days!!!! :D :D :D
Image[/url]
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

Sorry your game didn't work out.... but I'd honestly like to thank you for posting this so we can all learn from the "predictor" feature. It's very interesting. Like I said, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, but I appreciate you sharing the story.
I found myself getting anxious as I was reading through the three pages of this post. LOL

HAVE A BLAST IN OUR FAVORITE SPOT!!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Kentuckygirl wrote:Update...After the $200 change fee, I now have a voucher for $13.33. :? Oh well, I'm just excited to be going to my favorite place in FOUR days!!!! :D :D :D
$13.33 that 13 Woody's drinks, or 4 at Spyglass or Joes rum hut happy hours!! I would take it any day!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting