School supplies

Travel discussion for St. John
Pia

School supplies

Post by Pia »

Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to send out a huge thank you to everyone on this forum for taking such an interest in the needs of the islands :)

Alot of members here asked about continuing to help the children after the Christmas Toy Drive, so, as promised, I have just returned from visiting the Guy Benjamin school in Coral Bay (closest to my house) to ask about any special "needs" they have and they were soooooo happy that people wanted to help :)

I am going back tomorrow to get "the list" :) They are low on many supplies and a lot of the items are not available on island so they have to order them and wait on delivery from (I believe) the warehouse in the States - I will post as soon as I know what is needed should anyone want to send me things to be delivered..

Thanks again everyone for wanting to help - especially in these difficult times.

Pia
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

I would love to help, let us know and I'll send a shipment down.

Sandy
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Keep us posted. I would love to help out. I taught in a school where we were also low on supplies and know what it's like.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Thanks for following up on this for us. I'll keep an eye out for the list.

Thanks! :D
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Hi Pia,

I wanted to know what's on the school supply list as well...my sister is a 1st & 2nd grade teacher and is part of my clan coming down in Feb. So I'd like to share it with her and see what we could help out with.

Thanks,
Kathy
Connie

Post by Connie »

Pia, we'll certainly contribute any way that we can.

Keep everyone posted on the information.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Awesome, awesome! I can't wait to see the list! :D
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am a geek! I love school supplies. Just give me a list and I will be worse than a kid in a candy store!!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Xislandgirl wrote:I am a geek! I love school supplies. Just give me a list and I will be worse than a kid in a candy store!!
Me too! Stationery stores and hardware stores - love 'em! :lol: :lol:
sailawaygirl

school supplies

Post by sailawaygirl »

I am coming down on Sat. If you post the list, I will bring as supplies down. I am a retired teacher and would love to help. Where do I bring the items?
Pia

Post by Pia »

First of all let me say thank you all - you rock :)

Thanks so much for the offer sailawaygirl to bring some supplies down with you. I'm sure you could drop them off yourself at the Guy Benjamin school in Coral Bay if you will be in the area - just go to the office I will tell them you are coming if you would like to do that in person, or I could meet you somewhere (even at Maho if you like as it is close to me or in Cruz Bay at the office as hubby works there on Wed and Fri afternoons) and I can drop them off for you as I live 30 seconds from the school.

I will post the list tomorrow as soon as I get it.

Thanks again everyone

Pia
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

Count on me too. I love shopping for school supplies and love helping others in need even more!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Keep us posted - priority mail is our friend. I have a lot of colored construction paper that I need to divest.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
NoTanLines

Post by NoTanLines »

Great! I can't wait to see the list also. Crayons are my favorite! Who needs crayons! :)
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

We will be on island March 21 - 28, and our family would love to help. Just let me know what they need.