Reaching out to any forum friends who live near Capitol Hill

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

And BTW, are you going to call CG racist for making that comment - I mean, since we were having a conversation about Barack Obama and she did invoke the term "hanging"?
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

All back to percieved intent, which I believe that you and I have discussed here before, haven't we?

I know that CG is not racist, because she and I have taken the time to get to know each other. We may not agree on every issue but we are adult enough to know that is what makes this world a great place.

I will not get into this debate again with you, I was pulled in and it got completely out of hand during the election. I am not sure why I dropped to this childish level again.

DCPhoto- I am sorry that I have acted so foolishly in this post. I am so looking forward to your pictures and I can not wait to hear all about this monumental day on American History.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Intent of what? It wasn't my comment!!!

Can you not admit that you made an honest mistake? You didn't read what I was responding to, which is fine.

And don't patronize me with your "I believe we've discussed that here before" stuff...talk about childish.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

And one more X - you need to be so quick to label me something that is so far the polar opposite of what I actually am...something so insulting to my character...In all your liberal goodwill and forgiveness...You'd think the least could do was say you were mistaken. But no, you will not do that. Christian?
brenda

Post by brenda »

soxfan, How you seem to turn an innocent thread into a political argument is beyond me. I had no idea this thread was going south when I read it to update. Give it a rest. Sorry if you are offended :roll: .
Going "home" again October 26th!
Terry

Post by Terry »

DCPhoto;
Good grief, you have enough to worry about. Go do your job and keep us positive profile people posted. Just call us the PPP.

Also, I apologize as I most certianly pushed with my comment on reactive and proactive comment. Sorry...

My comment came from the book "7 Habits of Highly Effective People". A book that most of us have read, since it has been out since the 80's.

Sheesh...
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Great book, Terry...My goal here is to "Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood". And of course, the reason I go to St. John is to "Sharpen the Saw".

In the section about "Be Proactive" when Covey discusses "Stimulus", I believe Barack Obama got a little confused.

Good stuff. I'm in sales Terry, hasn't every sales guy/girl read that thing?
Terry

Post by Terry »

loria

Post by loria »

DCphoto,
i am looking so forward to ANYTHING you can post.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

DCPhoto, I hope you don't freeze yourself too much tomorrow night into Tuesday and get some great shots to share. As much as I don't envy your early morning (or is it a late night) I would love to have the proximity you will have to such a wonderful and historic day in our country's history.

Good luck and be safe!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

soxfan22 wrote:And BTW, are you going to call CG racist for making that comment - I mean, since we were having a conversation about Barack Obama and she did invoke the term "hanging"?
Oh Sox... you never cease to amaze me! Here is what I said: "It's great that we live in America so you can't be dragged from your home and hanged for making remarks such as some that have been made."

You are the one who likened the word "hanging" to a racist comment. I, on the other hand, was invoking Saddam Hussein's policies of hanging or otherwise "disappearing" people who spoke out against him. And I am glad we all live in America where we are free from that kind of tyranny and can say whatever we please with out the threat of being "hanged" or "disappeared". I'm even glad that YOU can say whatever you please without that threat over your head. I might not like what you say, but you are at least free to say it. I am not, nor have I ever been, a racist.

Have I helped you to understand?

By posting that picture of the latrine with the "Bush" sticker on it, I intended to be funny. I find sarcasm funny, but not when it is hurtful or mean tempered. I didn't see that sticker (or my posting the picture) as either. I'm very sorry you always get so upset and have no sense of humor, only hate and ugly words.

Now I'm done and will not say another word on this thread, as I won't be baited into arguing with you.

Sandy, I look forward very much to seeing your pictures of our new President!
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

CG...If you were to go back and read what was written by whom, you will clearly see that I was NOT the person who equated the term "hanging" with race.

That was X, as you can see here:

[quote X]I have purposely stayed out of this discussion but I am so shocked at what I just read, I have to respond. I apologize for fueling the fire on this debate, but I just have to respnd.

Quote Sox:
What remarks have I made that would neccessitate me being "dragged from my home and hanged"?

Whether it was your intention or not, this is probably one of the most racist comments I have read from you. [/quote]

So, since the two of you are clearly interested in painting me something that I am not - a replay:

1. CG makes the initial comment "happy we live in America...where we can say what we want without fear of hanging"...I paraphrased.

2. I quote your comment on hanging and ask you at the end what comments I have made that would justify my hanging.

3. X only reads my comment, thinks the hanging bit was my brainchild, then proceeds to brand me a racist because the comment that YOU authored was, according to X, "The most racist thing I have ever heard you say"...

4. CG girl responds and says that I (sox) was the one who invoked the term "race" and applied it to the hanging comment.

Seems like you and CG have the issue, and I really just did a lot of copying and pasting (which is what I do in my research anyway, right?).

And I'm sure you don't have a racist bone...My question to X was just to see if she would apply the same "rationale" to you as she did to me, given the comment in question came from your lips (er, fingers), and not mine.

Now, have I helped you understand?
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Do I need to stop this car? 'Cause if I have to stop this car, there will be hell to pay!

It's just shy of 10 p.m. where I am. I was underwhelmed by the football games and happened to turn to CNN. I just saw a replay of Obama's speech from the Lincoln Memorial. At first, I thought it simply more fancy talk. But, then, I realized that this really is something.

Let's give this guy a chance. Also, let's shut the f*&K up and try to be nice, K?
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Well, it is of course a tribute to community organizing. And professional candidacy.