No car?!?

Travel discussion for St. John
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Well, my traveling companion did the math and she seems to think if we get the cheapest vehicle we can, it'll pretty much even out.

I had forgotten that you can't make advance reservations for less than a week. With that in mind, I am guessing that it'll be best to go ahead and rent the car, even if we don't use it too much. I always feel bad for those poor souls schlepping up the hills with their grocery sacks, anyhow.
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

LuLu76-
Try Courtesy rental cars, he still had a couple of Suzuki Vitaras left last trip and charged only about $380 a week. I think you made a wise decision.
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

if you are staying in Cruz bay in town, you can just hitch to the beach or grab a open air cab when the ferry comes in to get to the beach. They go every hr.
You don't need a ride UNless you are staying up Jacobs Ladder but in town you should be fine.
I just had 2 sisters that went and stayed at Coconut Coast and they went to the beach every day and to eat and did not have a car. They met somebody who took them to Coral Bay for the day. They liked it so much, they went back the next day on the bus which is right downstairs from St. John Spice or used to be the pickup.

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
tothectothec

no car

Post by tothectothec »

There is a bus that goes from cruz bay all the way to salt pond. Only $1 each way. It is supposed to run every hour, just don't count on it being on time.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Courtesy won't rent for less than a week, but I believe St. John Car Rental will. I was calling around recently and I think it was them who said they'd rent me a car for 2 days. It was for off-season, however, so I don't know if that changes during high season.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:27 pm.