Sanscript pictures of Jan, Ruth & Deb!

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Sanscript pictures of Jan, Ruth & Deb!

Post by California Girl »

Jan & Mike are going to the BB today and she said she'd write a message in the sand for us! I'm watching the cam, but she also said she'd give me a call to be sure I can capture her writing! Keep an eye out for them! 8)
Last edited by California Girl on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
California Girl

Well, someone's writing in the sand, but it's not Jan. I captured pictures anyway, just in case it's someone we know! :D
jigzmom

Post by jigzmom »

They wrote "I *heart* U 80°" Then they took a photo of the webcam. Anyone we know?

ETA: It was Ruth and mrscaptainjay! See other post.
California Girl

It was Ruth, Deb & Jan! I got pics. As soon as I can get the uploaded I'll post them! :D

By the way, the message is 80 degrees! The temp! However Deb says it's really 81. :D
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

80 degrees is what I got out of the writing. Nicer to include the happy face in the 0. Can't do that with 81.
California Girl

This is Jan, Ruth & Deb waving at us!

sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

Fabulous... i'm so jealous..we hit freezing today and it felt downright blamy :-)
cat

Post by cat »

What a beautiful way to rub it in that they are in paradise! LOL!

I wish we were there too!!!

Margo thank you for posting the pics!
scoob

Post by scoob »

What is the ship in the background of the web cam ?
5 weeks and counting for us.. :)
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Love the new angle of the cam lots more realestate to get creative with. Would guess that is a small cruise ship that tenders peeps to shore, but not sure. Watched it come in and leave our last trip in November. Her she is with her sails up leaving.
California Girl

I was on the phone with Jan when I was snagging the pix off the webcam and asked her about that boat. She said she didn't know, but it sure did dump a lot of people at Trunk Bay today!
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

It's the Club Med ship, one of only two sailing cruise ships I believe. It was there exactly one year ago today, as I had my first STJ trip then - they must have a set schedule of when they cruise the usvi. Nice scene on the webcam, sometimes it really comes through... 8)
StJohnRuth

Windspirit

Post by StJohnRuth »

This ship is actually the Windspirit from the Windstar Cruise Line. We wrote about it in our last newsletter:
http://www.stjohnspice.com/newsletter.htm
- Ruth
Another photo from earlier this month:
2Feathers

Post by 2Feathers »

Yep, that's the Wind Spirit. We cruised on her a couple times. I know lots of people on this board aren't cruisers, and I myself would much prefer spending my vacation on land in a villa, but the Wind Spirit is actually one sweet ride! Very quiet, uncrowded and relaxing, unlike the huge foofoo ships that hit St. Thomas. Great food, spoilish service, and a new, small port every day. It calls on St. John on Sundays, then St. Martin, St. Barts, Tortola, Jost, Virgin Gorda and then St. Thomas through the winter. There is a Club Med ship that calls on St. John every other week or so, on Mondays I think. You can tell the difference between the two by the number of masts: Wind Spirit has four, and Club Med five.
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

thanks 2feathers, I had thought there was a very similiar looking ship from Club Med. Good to know I'm not losing my mind or recalling some sort of rum haze...

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:03 pm.