Huge Peter Bay Villa For Sale!

Travel discussion for St. John
Teresa_Rae

Huge Peter Bay Villa For Sale!

Post by Teresa_Rae »

In case you haven't seen the post yet, the guys at On STJ are saying that that HUGE new Peter Bay villa we've all talked about is for sale for $32 million!

I'm thinking that not very many people in the world can afford something that pricey, and that very few with that kind of money have even been to STJ. It could be on the market for years or never sell.

What do y'all think?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I don't think it will sell for that price... not in this economy. When and if it does sell, I'm sure the price will be negotiated much lower. Maybe Starwood Hotels will buy it and use it as a boutique hotel - it's certainly big enough! LOL!
loria

Post by loria »

if i had that kind of scratch i'd by the maho property.....and re-lease it to selengut or give it to the park
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
California Girl

loria wrote:if i had that kind of scratch i'd by the maho property.....and re-lease it to selengut or give it to the park
If I was that rich, I'd buy it and turn it into a forum house...everyone could stay for FREE! Just BYOB! :lol:
loria

Post by loria »

California Girl wrote:
loria wrote:if i had that kind of scratch i'd by the maho property.....and re-lease it to selengut or give it to the park
If I was that rich, I'd buy it and turn it into a forum house...everyone could stay for FREE! Just BYOB! :lol:
now there's an idea we all could get used to!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Why would the owner sell it after all this time?!?!

I remember it being under construction back in the 90’s and I am fairly certain I have a picture from our honeymoon (1995) showing site work. I know the structure was going up in 1999.

Did he/she tire of the property now that it is finished?

Is the reality of ownership/management not as good as the dream? Personally, I thought the pool table would be nothing but trouble…..

Financial reasons?

Not that it is any of my business, just wondering.

We need Russ and Jeff to put on their undercover hats and get the scoop. I need something to distract me for my real work.
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

I'd guess that like a lot of people the owner is taking a beating financially and wants to tighten their belt.

Do you think they'd take a check? :lol:
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

oh man, i only have $31 million in my checkbook. If we get a million forumites to chip in $32 bucks, we're home free?

I mean I would buy it but that is just too much to clean! :lol:
SoulvilleUSA

Post by SoulvilleUSA »

I wonder if I could get a bank to finance it for $1200 a month with an ARM and a baloon payment after 5 years.... oh rats, guess I missed that chance. Ha!
Green tunnels and no stop signs

Sterling
Cid

Post by Cid »

Does anyone have pictures of this meager shack?
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
California Girl

Cid wrote:Does anyone have pictures of this meager shack?
Hijacked from On-St. John

Cid

Post by Cid »

Thanks CG...We must have missed that one...although I'm not sure how one could miss a place that big!!
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

Is that the Monster.com CEO's place? I have heard numerous owners of this place.
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

Here are some good pics..

Lavish to say the least.

http://caribbeanvillas.typepad.com/phot ... ial13.html