Villa for 10

Travel discussion for St. John
joshua

Villa for 10

Post by joshua »

We're looking for a villa on STJ in 2011 (I know, but we're REALLY planning ahead!). Anticipating 5 couples.
I know there has been a lot of discussion on this board about different villas, but this is a large group in need of cliose accomodations.
Any suggestions?
We'll be there shortly and may get a chance to look at some suggested.
Location on island is not important; access to beaches and restaurants is...
THanks!
Pia

Post by Pia »

What about cost and time of year :)

Pia
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Any kids?

Oceana will fit 10 nicely, but maybe not good for little kids.
joshua

Post by joshua »

Sorry for lack of details!
I'd say April or May.
At this point, no kids.
steve

Post by steve »

Equal bedrooms is probable out. We have had at least that many in Casa Luna and La Jolla Caribe. It will be tough to please that many people with one villa.
Good luck
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

Villa St. John - 6 bedrooms; 4 in the main villa and 2 in a guest house. All bedrooms are the same size (huge) and have the same bathrooms (huge); 2 bedrooms have queen beds is the only difference.

On Chocolate Hole Bay with great snorkeling. Really nice pool with a spa and then a large hot tub.

http://www.villastjohn.com/
RickG

Post by RickG »

Caribe Villa on Boatman Point is a good option. It was formerly with vivacations.com, but is now with http://www.stjohnultimatevillas.com/. It just started server renters after a renovation and is not on their web site yet. It's five bedrooms are much closer to equal than Vida de Mer or some of the other one's I like. I have renovation pictures; you can PM me with your email address if you would like me to send them to you.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

From my handy dandy spreadsheet...

SEA GATE Choc Hole 5bed/5bath
Decent. Good pool. Waterfront. Nice and low on Choc hole. no a/c, nothing lux

MYSTIC RIDGE North Shore 5/5 with main and guest
4 beds in main house, close to N. Shore and Coral Bay, lots of room to spread, parking, great pool. centerline road - past bordeax mtn. 5th bedroom is in caretakers cottage separate from main

CASA DE SUENOS Coral bay/ John's Folly 5/5.5
Great views, a/c, new furnishings. Large. Small pool. Far out. Plain décor.

COCO CARIBE Rendezvous 5/6.5
Brand new. Nice. Roomy.

CHATEAU MARGOT Bordeaux Mtn 5/5?
very large, room to spread. Pool gate available. Love the décor. Main house (3 bed), 1 bedroom cottage, and 2 bedroom guest suite.

RISTABA Choc Hole 6/6
HUGE nice 4 bed in main house 2 in cottage. LOVE décor! MONGO pool. Lots of room to spread out. 4 beds in main house are back to back, though a forumite who stayed there said this was not an issue.

OCEANA Great Cruz Bay 5/5.5
Nice house. Good furnishings. Not crazy about location. Pool looks small. Seems tight --- too much furniture or the spaces are too small, not sure which.
Nice furnishings. Interior space seems small. Views are not the best. Price seems high for what you get.

VIDA DE MAR Dever's Bay 5/5
Nice house. Wifi. Ipod ready ;) expensive! Rooms look cramped. Not an ideal layout for kiddos.

CONTENTMENT Contant Point/Great Cruz Bay 5/6.5
Really 5 bedrooms + Bunkroom, Huge, expensive!

FRANCIS BAY ESTATE Francis 5/5.5
Very nice house. Expensive! Would be my choice if money was no object!

These are from all different agencies, so if you need a website just let me know.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I suggest Oceana. The location is great and all the bedrooms are fairly equal with their own bath. Some rooms are larger than others, but no one in our group of 9 felt slighted in any way. Have fun planning!
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I don't know your budget, and this house is pricy, but Ocean Palm has six bedrooms, two pools, and it is waterfront on John's Folly.

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/johns-folly/index.html
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
petepie

Post by petepie »

How about:
Eden's Whim (gets really good reviews on the forums), Vistaero (also gets good reviews, has large pool for a lot of people), or
Chateau Margot (again, good reviews on the forums).

If you search for these, you should be able to find the threads discussing them, and a few people have posted links to their own pictures of these villas.
STJ_gal

Post by STJ_gal »

I would suggest Vida de Mar, located in Dever's Bay. It's right on the beach - has five separate pod bedrooms for privacy, (including two right on the beach literally - really cool) a great deck with large pool and hot tub and awesome sunsets. It's also only about 5 minutes from town, so it's the perfect location. They have a website at vidademar dot com. We loved it~!
petepie

Post by petepie »

Just had another thought -- you may want to concentrate your search on villas near the Westin, if there is a large group and you want to go out at night a lot without driving, it's pretty easy to get taxis into Cruz Bay to or from the Westin. If you're in a more remote villa, it will be harder and you'll have to drive yourselves.

I think Eden's Whim, Oceana, Ristaba, Villa Villekula and (maybe) Donald Schnell's Beach house are all large villas near the Westin. Not sure if it's actually walkable to get there though, but others on the board could help.
maryed

Post by maryed »

What about Skyway Villa on Gifft Hill?
adsjayhawk

Post by adsjayhawk »

We stayed at Cest Bleu in 2005 with five couples. Gorgeous house with amazing views!