botanical villas treehouse camp

Travel discussion for St. John
Exit Zero

botanical villas treehouse camp

Post by Exit Zero »

Does anyone know where in Peter Bay this is or anyone been there??botanicalvillas.com - a campground with baresites,tents and treehouses?? :shock:
loria

Post by loria »

wow--never heard of them, but it looks pretty cool--i would love to knwo if anyone knows about this place
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

I have never come across this site in all of my 7 billion searches for places to stay! How cute is this place? I would try it in a heartbeat!
Deb
Pia

Post by Pia »

They are located next to Amarosa Villa and the driveway is right next to Amarosa's -directly above North Shore Road.

They are in a word, urr, humm, err, interesting to look at but the view is spectacular :) it's a shame they (I assume "they" as it happened on their property) cut down alot of tree's :( - I am assuming to "improve" their view :cry:

Pia
Last edited by Pia on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugo

Post by hugo »

This is on the upward side of the road, nearly opposite the eastern (original) entrance to Peter Bay. It is owned by Elsa Hall. The Halls were the the 1/5 owners of Peter Bay who did not sell to the developers. Elsa's older sister, Phyllis, runs Hillcrest Guest House on the family's Cruz Bay property. I haven't seen the Botanical Villas area up close since its recent upgrading and expansion. It's still a pretty small complex, but the location is super!!!
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

I have never heard of this place either. Thanks for posting about it! I emailed the owner and got a near instant reponse. I'm going to check out the place for future trips when I'm on island in May. For those used to staying at the other STJ campgrounds, I will say that this place has HOT water. 8)
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Weird, I had never heard of it either. I had to laugh at this line on the website though:

We are an eco friendly business. We love the natural plants, and animals. We especially like the quietness and seclusion of the area, Peters Bay.

Peters Bay? Is that on St. Johns? :lol:
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
hugo

Post by hugo »

Teresa-
Place names are constantly evolving things. Peter's Bay or Peters Bay were considered more correct in the past, just as Hawknest, without an "s," is still how many St. Johnians refer to that bay. A hundred years ago, St. John was still spelled St. Jan, but was very often said as St. Johns....it was probably only when the post office started routinely sending our mail to the capital of Antigua that St. John got officially un-"essed". Sometime in the 70's another bay began to be pronounced "LIne-ster", when everyone here had always pronounced it " Lynn-ster". :?
Lex

Post by Lex »

Is this the Hall family that Victor belongs to? I can't picture it exactly, but this is probably quite close to where The Kite was.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I always wondered how Phyllis offered beach access to Peter Bay for her guests. Now I know.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Yes, Victor is one of the siblings.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I have been told the old charts refer to Hawksnest as Hogsnest - is there any basis for that rumor??
loria

Post by loria »

pia,
can you elaborate on what you mean by 'interesting'?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

Funny this is being asked! I came across it a couple weeks ago somehow when I was googeling possible hostels in the islands. I couldn't find anything else on it other than it's website.
Pia

Post by Pia »

loria, I have not been inside but I'll try to remember to take a picture and post for you :wink:

Pia