Continental Seat Snafu

Travel discussion for St. John
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Don't feel like you're alone!!

US Airways just did the same thing to us! I booked tickets and seats for 4 passengers 6 months ago. I selected seats for all 4 legs and PAID MY $1,650 to secure the reservation.

Today - they bumped our seats and "will assign at check-in". Of course, they ARE giving me the option to purchase premium seats (yeah - the ones I already paid for 6 months ago!!!) today if I want to assure our party the chance to sit together on the Cincinnati - Charlotte flight.

I think it's the only industry in the nation that takes a customer-last approach to business.

Oh well - guess I'll get up at 6:40am next Saturday to attempt to get seat assignments 24 hours in advance.

See you next week!
VI
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Mary Beth - 3/11 - 3/18

The story get's better. For our return flight to Albany we received a notice that there were some itinerary modifications due to schedule changes. When I checked online our 2:30 STT-EWR-ALB had changed to a 9:40 STT-SJU(Cape Air)-EWR-ALB. The reason - later STT EWR + Earlier EWR-ALB = 10 min connection time. I got on the phone immediately and talked my way into a Delta flight leaving at 2:45 - cool. (Delta had plenty of seats to offer us) Here's the kicker. My Parent in laws and sister/brother in laws on the same return flight got no where. The best continental would do was cut them loose for a full refund.

I'll post when I find out how they fared.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Yep! That's what keeps happening to me! The Cape Air portion out of STT keeps changing. I've gone from leaving the 4th, to leaving the 5th, and back to leaving the 4th again, just to keep my same flight times. I imagine it'll change again, too! :roll:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:18 am.