Rock Me on the Water - Hey, Cid!

Travel discussion for St. John
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

If anyone is interested in learning more about photography, there is a great web site Kelby Training. Not free, but for the price your getting a lot of info from some of the best in the business. I use it when trying figure out new software, Like Light Room 2. It is video based learning, which I like.
I have no affiliation other than I use it.

Sandy
Rachelle & Joe

rock me on the water

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

mmmmmmmmm Like so GORGEOUS !!! Thanks !!!! :) 8)
Cid

Post by Cid »

Photoshop can be overwhelming at first because there is so much you can do. There are a lot of good tutorials available on the web. I have a feed in Google reader just for tips and tutorials. What I've found is, if you're struggling to grasp a certain concept, look for other resources. Sometimes it's just the way it's explained. When you find the right explanation, the light will go on and you'll think "Man, I was making that way too hard!". Also come to terms with the fact that the program can do all kinds of things you'll never have a reason to use. That's ok too. Sooner or later you (or maybe never), you'll find out what all that crap is for. Other than that...just play around a lot. You'll find all kinds of fun tricks. If you think, "I wish I could do that!"....someone else has too and there's probably a procedure for it.
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I took a semester of Photoshop at our local community college. It was for web design, but learning the tools was it was all about for me. I love what I can do with it, but there's so much I'll never know! And I'm only using Photoshop 6.0!

One good thing about the class is that it also taught me how to do some simple animation in Image Ready, which came bundled with Photoshop.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:26 pm.