DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
onthelake

Post by onthelake »

Just sayin - Syracuse 127, UConn 117 in Six overtimes!

:twisted:
[/url]
augie

Post by augie »

In these conference tournaments you often see upsets - the lower seeds are playing for their postseason lives, while the higher seeds are already assured a spot in the big dance and are just playing for seedings.

Witness Pitt, UConn, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Clemson all losing to unranked teams, all last night.
Come see us!
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Whoa Augie...Just have to stand up for my Huskies...I believe Syracuse is ranked #20 in the nation...That's a pretty damn good team there last night, and it still took 6 overtimes and every "big" for UConn fouling out to take the Huskies down. Not to mention that the 'Cuse went I believe 21 of 23 from the line in the overtime periods...For a team that shoots around 65% from the line, that's pretty remarkable. Syracuse played a hell of a game, as did UConn.

File this in the category of sour grapes...BUT...For anyone who watched every play like I did last night, what was up with Devendorf laying a hip check into Adrien while Adrien was trying to track down Paul Harris on the break? Would he have caught him? No. But that was one of the most flagrant no calls I've seen in some time. I like Jonny Flynn, but that Eric Devendorf is a punk.

See you in the Dance.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
augie

Post by augie »

soxfan22 wrote:Whoa Augie...Just have to stand up for my Huskies...I believe Syracuse is ranked #20 in the nation
Sorry - I wasn't trying to diss your Huskies - I should have said "unranked or lower ranked". My point still stands - you typically see a lot of upsets in conference tournaments. Conspiracy theorists that want to imply that teams already assured a dance card may be mailing it in to give their conference brethren a better chance to dance, had their theory damaged by the UC-SU game last night - obviously they were both in it to win it.
See you in the Dance.
Maybe, maybe not. My team hasn't played well enough to (IMO) deserve to dance this year, but if they beat Auburn tonight they may just slide in. After going forever without making much of a splash in the NCAA, winning back to back titles was unbelieveable, but we seem to be back to forever again...
Last edited by augie on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come see us!
augie

Post by augie »

Jorge wrote:
SJfromNJ wrote:What I find interesting about the SYU. vs UConn game was SYU. never led in any of the overtimes. It was more like UConn finding a way to lose at the end of each one. Weird game to watch.

Come on VT!

SJ, what's the score? We have an ice storm and the tv is out.
Heels won 79-76
Come see us!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
augie

Post by augie »

Jorge wrote: Thanks Steve. Living in the mountains in the winter is a bitch. Go Heels.
No problem brother!
Come see us!
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I am tired, cranky and not having a good day at work.

staying up to watch the OT's has ruined my day

Syracuse makes me mad.
JT

Post by JT »

I swear the Big Ref in the Sky looks out for the Heels. Tech got a pretty crappy call at the end on the jump ball/ no foul call.
How about MD upsetting Wake Forest? Not that the Terps really deserve it, but will that get them an at large bid?
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED