Seating assignment vs. boarding pass Help :)

Travel discussion for St. John
NoWorriesMom

Seating assignment vs. boarding pass Help :)

Post by NoWorriesMom »

Hi! Does anyone know how to get around this problem? We have no seat assignments for one leg of our trip. The seats are under airport control, we are told. This means we can't print boarding passes before going to the airport. Has anyone experienced this small glich? Thanks for any help/info!!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I don't know if this will help or not, but Continental changed my pre-selected seating assignments saying the seats I chose (first row, economy & exit rows) could not be assigned until 24 hrs. in advance of the flight. I was told to call or go online 24 hrs. in advance or check with the attendants at the desk in the boarding area for seat assignments. I also have no seat assingments on Cape Air... apparently they just don't assign seats in advance.
NoWorriesMom

Post by NoWorriesMom »

Thanks CG! That's the same info an agent told us but we were thinking it might be the old "wait and see" line until we were plain SOL :D
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I had that on my fight to FL last week I preboarded 24 hr before the flight and they had opened up seat at that time. I payed 25 extra for bulk head seats.
California Girl

NoWorriesMom wrote: were thinking it might be the old "wait and see" line until we were plain SOL :D
It might be! :lol: I might have been handed a line of "wait and see" myself! LOL!
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Cont'l changed our plane and my previously selected seats morphed into pilot rest seats, hence "unassignable". Also, exit rows are always unassignable.

In this instance they arbitrarily moved us to other seats and easily re-arranged to my new prefered seats when I found all of this out.

They should be willing to give you other seats now but won't give you exit rows early.

Cape Air doesn't assign seats...small plane...too few to screw with.

Dave
benchill

Post by benchill »

Hey Waterguy,

" last week I preboarded 24 hr before the flight "

I bet your butt was sore from that much sitting!!
Ben and Lynn
R&S from MI

Post by R&S from MI »

California Girl.. No worries with Cape Air. I've flown with them 5 times and they are great. You fly in the plane with 4-5 others. Maybe even co-pilot which is a unique experience. Once we had just my wife and 2 girls on the single flight. Nothing like a plane to yourself. I'm assuming your taking the San Juan to St. Thomas flight.

Air conditioning in the plane is the pilot opening the window on the take off and landing / taxi which is fun ...

Rob
Rob & Sherri from MI
California Girl

I'm actually looking forward to that Cape Air flight! I like little planes! :D
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Cape Air is fun. I think they decide where you sit by your size. They don't want all the fatties on one side of the plane. :lol:
California Girl

OMG! That means I'll have to sit in the middle of the plane! :lol:
bevm

Post by bevm »

cypressgirl wrote:Cape Air is fun. I think they decide where you sit by your size. They don't want all the fatties on one side of the plane. :lol:
LOL Cypressgirl! They do that on a helicopter, too!
I chose our seats last June and they changed the plane so now I'm in the middle when I wanted to be in the back...Oh well...
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

As I recall, I was on one side, and a couple of big guys were on the other..... :oops: :( They did point and say you sit here and you sit there........All I could figure is they were trying to keep the weight distributed evenly. They also ask you how much you weigh. :o

That's when it's hard to decide if you're going to lie or not. Crash or be embarrasseed.........no win situation.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

in summer cape air flys to cape cod from new england airports :o
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Here's an "inside" view of a Cape Air flight landing on STT:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gYuArJhRljs&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gYuArJhRljs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>