DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

Dow up 497

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Sailin'Steve and Peachie

Post by Sailin'Steve and Peachie »

I'd love to book another trip, but I'm out of work & hubby was just put on a four day work week. I think our travels will be put on hold for a bit!
DaveS007

Re: Dow up 497

Post by DaveS007 »

Jorge wrote:The Dow is up 497 today. Everybody keep spending. Book a trip, there might be hope. :D
Hurry up! Your taxes are going up next year. Wait till everyone finds out this new "tax break" is simply an adjustment in the withholding table and all those who think they are "getting money back" will have to pay in 2010.... Yikes. *It's actually kinda funny*
Duped.
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

Any cougars on island need a cabana boy for a week?

I can lift heavy stuff, fix shit, have big strong hands etc.

Please send pic of boat :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
loria

Post by loria »

Jorge wrote:
Sailin'Steve and Peachie wrote:I'd love to book another trip, but I'm out of work & hubby was just put on a four day work week. I think our travels will be put on hold for a bit!

Peachie, don't worry. It is coming back. The housing market that I am in was hit hard early back last year. I had been hearing that the housing market would be the first to start it back in a positive direction. I had a 20% slump last year but now I am booked solid thru x-mas and more. Just hang in there, you will have a job before you know it. Positive vibes coming your way. Jorge
Jorge, that is indeed interesting (and good) news regarding the housing market.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

loria wrote:
Jorge wrote:
Sailin'Steve and Peachie wrote:I'd love to book another trip, but I'm out of work & hubby was just put on a four day work week. I think our travels will be put on hold for a bit!

Peachie, don't worry. It is coming back. The housing market that I am in was hit hard early back last year. I had been hearing that the housing market would be the first to start it back in a positive direction. I had a 20% slump last year but now I am booked solid thru x-mas and more. Just hang in there, you will have a job before you know it. Positive vibes coming your way. Jorge
Jorge, that is indeed interesting (and good) news regarding the housing market.
Hold breath ??
bevm

Post by bevm »

And the dollar isn't going to be worth anything so spend away!!
Joshie

Re: Dow up 497

Post by Joshie »

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Jorge,
It all went up cus I am leaving on our whirle wind vaca. :lol:

Lets all pray it keeps in the up swing & we can all have our much needed STJ fix....

The Shopper
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I'm doing my part closing on a place this thursday up north and thinking about another in FL.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Out west, until you hit CA, the sales of new homes is up 30% from last year at this time. Locally we're up 2.6% from last month already. Things are picking up. The majority of new home buyers are 1st time buyers.

On another note...the downturn of a certain resort on the pacific coast that hosted the AIG extravaganza last year is hosting the NFL owners conference for this 2 week period. Tips are flying and business is booming! One waitstaff got a $900 tip from the Colts owner! Selfmade money is flowing... :D
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Terry - Are you talking about the St. Regis? That's just a few miles from where I live. :)
Terry

Post by Terry »

Well, if you look at any NFL websites, their not saying the name. Perhaps because the NFL is not endorsing the resort?

Anywho...large amounts of cash are being dropped not too far from where you live...which is a good thing! :shock:

Condie Rice was a guest speaker last weekend to the owners. Secret service was camped out in the employees parking lot.

Spread the wealth... :lol: