Forum Member Photo Album Link Page?

Travel discussion for St. John
ifloat

Forum Member Photo Album Link Page?

Post by ifloat »

So I'm sitting here wracking my brain, trying to remember where I saw the post that had the photo of the big white angel fish looking thingy with the black fins. I saw one at Maho, and it's not in the little Fish ID book I purchased.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to post a topic where everyone can paste in their forum name, and a link to their st. John pix albums,whether they be posted on Flickr, Shutterfly, Photobucket, or whatever.

That would make it easy to go back and look at other member's photos, without each one of us having to keep the links bookmarked independently.

Or has this already been done?

Each person to add their link could copy and paste the post before, then add theirs, so the last post would be the up to date one.

What do you think?

Future home of my St John photos is:

http://stjohnwegetit.shutterfly.com/

Nothing to see yet.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

I am tinkering with a photo album application that integrates with the forum - maybe by later this week it will be running... maybe :)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Go Anthony Go! yippee!!
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

Yay!
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Could this be the "big white angel fish looking thingy with the black fins" you are referring to????

I would be very interested in this project!
California Girl

I'm thinking of 3 people who may have taken that angelfish picture. Maggy, Sea-nile, or Pickle. :?:
kim&jim

Post by kim&jim »

Love the photo album idea!

ifloat the fish is a palometa (though I keep calling them palmettos) and I love it when they come up to you at Maho. I remember the string going about hem a month or two back...

Hope to see and play with them later today...if teh swells are behaving....
(I can't believe I'm actually here to say that!)
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

Anthony,

Could you just start a "sticky" thread titled something like "Member Photo Album Links" and people can post their links in there?
Jennifer

AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Cool, Anthony! Until then, CAGirl did a thread a while back called "Post a Link to Your Photos." It has quite a few in it.

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ink+photos
ifloat

Post by ifloat »

Yes! Thanks. That looks like the fish. He was pretty friendly.

A sticky might not be a bad idea.
cheezheads

Post by cheezheads »

Hi all, new to the forum but have been lurking for the last couple weeks. I to was just going to post that it would be great if there was a thread that people could post their pictures from their trip on here but didn't know if it would take up too much space. They had this on another forum that I go on and it's great, it keep you sane by looking at the pictures until ou can get back yourself.

Anthony if you would like to see what they did on the other site let me know and I'll get you the link.

By the way great site it brings back alot of memories of when I was down there some 30 years ago building a house. Although alot has changed, it still seems the same.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Great to have another cheeze head here.
StypeSity

not understand

Post by StypeSity »

do not understand
California Girl

Welcome to the forum Stype Sity. "Cheese Head" is an affectionate name for someone who lives in the state of Wisconsin. :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:39 am.