OK guys........fess up..........

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

OK guys........fess up..........

Post by RickG »

Do you have empty room in your single carryon on the way down? Do you have trouble imagining what you might ship ahead? Do you wear the same clothing every trip? Are you confused by people who wear more than one set of clothing a day? Don't understand the need for more than one pair of Tevas? Do you feel guilty that you travel cheap and are not supporting the economy because you don't buy things that you don't need?

It's time to stop feeling guilty and do your part to help the economy. Stop by the STJ dinghy dock at around 5PM with two cold Presidente's in your hand and give one to Capt. John. Drink the other. I bet you feel better already?!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bevm

Post by bevm »

Rick if I wasn't with Crash he'd take one pair of underwear and come home and they'd still be in his bag right where I put them. He lives in his swim trunks and needs very little. And he gets very little too, according to him.... :wink:
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Alright Rick, it's true. I don't feel like I am in vacation mode until I can go shopping for the new, special 6-pack of a beer that I've never drank before. :) Sometimes I pick out several, then I can't decide which one to buy. :? So I say, "what the hell!" and buy them all. :D I know I'll use all of them during the trip. Besides, she won't see the credit card bill 'til after we're home and the labels have been peeled off all the bottles. :wink: Is that a little too much of a splurge? Perhaps, but we're on vacation.

You also have to consider that one beer does not go well with every occasion. There is a group of beers that go well with, let's say, B B Que; but they sorta clash with a quiet afternoon at Hawksnest. And the beer that is required for that after scuba refreshment is a completely different kind of beer. Besides, how would it look if another guy saw you one night a Quiet Mon drinking a beer then saw you the next night drinking the same kind of beer? :shock: That would be soooo embararsing! :oops:

Women just don't seem to get the subtle differences in these things. To them, one beer is as good as another. They just don't get it. :roll:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

bevm

Post by bevm »

Oh we get it...we just don't want you guys to know we get it!
AH

Post by AH »

bevm,

You got that right. In fact we probably got it before they did. :wink:

AH
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

I always go to Walmart and buy a new pair of flipflops. That way nobody notices I wear the same shorts and shirt each day.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I have to admit that I bought 3 new t shirts when I was in FL last week. The girl friend was complaining that my old ones had stains on them when I wear the to dress up functions.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Rick, you are full of $hit. You always look so dapper. :lol: Did I just give my age away? :oops:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Marcia keeps trying to throw away the t-shirts with the holes in them. I keep telling her, "don't you dare, they're just gettin' good."
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Jorge wrote:early 70's
Thanks for the compliment. Actually...84.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED