How long will it take from touch down to check-in?

Travel discussion for St. John
smilesfromMN

How long will it take from touch down to check-in?

Post by smilesfromMN »

Hi Everyone- From reading everyone else's trip reports, I think that I have coordinated things alright, but I want anyone's opinion on how long it will take from touch down at STT to arrival at Concordia (assuming that flights are on time - a big assumption, I know.) We are flying US Air. Scheduled to arrive at 2:50pm. We plan on taking the 4pm ferry out of Char. Am. Our car rental company is meeting us at the dock. (I will call them from STT and let them know which ferry we will be on.) After we do necessary car paperwork, I'd like to stop at St. John Spice for some coffee and at Starfish Market for a few things. Then we plan on taking Centerline Rd. to Concordia, and I hope to get there before dark - or at least by 7pm when check-in closes. Does this sound reasonable? I know that it's best just to get on "island time" ASAP, but I'd like all of this check-in stuff to work out, and then get on island time. :D Any thoughts are appreciated... thanks!
Pia

Post by Pia »

If you make the 4pm CA ferry you will be on STJ by 4:40pm. Paperwork etc with the car should take say 15 mins - so now say 5pm. It will take you approx 40 mins to Concordia IF you have never driven here and are unfamiliar with the roads (I can do it in approx 30 mins) so now it is approx 5:40pm, so that would give you 35 mins to spare before it gets dark, so it is doable :)

I would not recommend driving to Concordia in the dark if you have never been here before.

Hope this helped

Pia
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

If daylight is running short and/or the ferry is late (the CA ferries sometimes run 10-15 min late), you could skip Starfish, head straight to Concordia, then after you've checked in, go to Lily's in Coral Bay instead. Just a idea for "Plan B".
DELETED

Drive to Concordia

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:02 am.