Heading home today :(

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Heading home today :(

Post by California Girl »

It's almost 8 am and it's POURING in Coral Bay! We're a little concerned about getting out on the road from Easy Breezes... not a driver-friendly road at all. A HUGE THANK YOU to Bevm & Crash for letting us "crash" at their villa last night... bad road, gorgeous villa & view!

It's been an awesome trip...a dream come true! Our trip report will be a little slow in coming because we are going to collaborate. But there will definitely be a report!

Walk of woe soon come. Booo!
lprof

Post by lprof »

...will be waiting for the trip report, with many photos, I hope. Glad you all had a very happy time; wishing you safe journeys home. :)
... no longer a stranger to paradise
loria

Post by loria »

safe travels!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Pia

Post by Pia »

Go very, very slow and give yourself plenty of time - as CG said it is a white out with the rain - I can't even see Coral Bay out of the window right now.

Pia
bevm

Post by bevm »

I've never seen it rain this hard. Pia's right. It's a "white out". Crash just led Margo down our road because it's tricky on a good day. Told them to text when they get to Cruz Bay..
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I'll be glad when they get here. ....
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

They made it! I just saw Kelleeanna. She is very wet but she still has a big grin on her face.
- Ruth
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

I don't think there will be any sandscrit from Kelleeanna and Margo today.

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

aww .. bye girls! safe home!
Kelley might need another new hat! ;)
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Awww so sad, I hate that they have to come home!
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Girls -- Flip Flop and I are waiting for the ULTIMATE trip report form you gals.

Personally I think that CG, Kellee and ScubaGirl shoudl all do separate ones so we can get three different perspectives!!!

Cheers ladies!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Oh you cute lil gals! Can't wait to read all about your adventures!
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Happy to see you made the trip across the island OK. We all missed you at the BB last night. Have a safe trip home and hopefully we meet up next time.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We're sitting at the airport watching it pour outside. Everyone coming in is SOAKED. Some poor cruise ship passengers who were in the taxi from Redhook told us they had one day (today) to go to Trunk Bay and it was going to be the highlight of their trip. They got off the ferry in Cruz Bay and just turned around and bought a return ticket to Redhook. How disappointing!

Our drive down from Bev & Crash's villa wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, and I drove VERY carefully back to Cruz Bay on Centerline, keeping poor Annie in mind.

We got thru security at the airport & had some of that WONDERFUL (not!) food they serve here. The new package store is sort of lean on the liquor and Cruzan is $11.99 a bottle! I can get it for that at home, so not worth it to me to drag it home. However, I do have a nice bottle of Cruzan in my checked bag that I paid $8.99 for at Love City Mini Mart, so all is well :D

Ok, I have to get offline now, I'm using Kellee's AT&T wireless card. Our plane will board in about 1/2 hr. How exciting to fly on Cape Air in a rainstorm! eek!! :shock:
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

Have a safe flight home California
Life begins where the land ends!