DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

Need Help With Picking A Villa

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hey Jorge! Why don't you just buy a place down there on Virgin Gorda and take short hops over to STJ? It would be so much cheaper in the long run! And then you could invite us all down for rent-free visits! [insert giggle here] :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Hi Jorge, I'm wontongirl's friend, Kellee. I have a friend here in Arkansas who always stays at Hakuna Matata and just raves about it. In fact they are either there now or next week.

That's all I know about those villas you listed. Can't wait for the trip with wontongirl Tammy!

Your posts are great and I've really enjoyed reading them. Thanks!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Jorge, you're killing me! I'm so jealous!!
Flafamily

Post by Flafamily »

We are renting Tesori in the spring. While on island in December we were lucky enough to see it after a group checked out. It is really very beautiful. The four bedrooms in the main house are really nice with great bathrooms. (I don't think the villa rental pictures show the bathrooms but they are really big with nice showers.)

The kitchen area is much larger that it appears in the photos. The views are incredible from everywhere in the villa.

The villa is nicely decorated and of course in great condition. You could have a wild party on the pool deck with the grill and gazebo. The pool area is huge!

The driveway to the villa is paved and not steep but use caution pulling out as you are turning onto Gift Hill right at the bottom of a steep curve. I wouldn't want to ease out and get smashed by someone headed down Gift Hill.

I'm headed down with husband and four teenagers - a different kind of wild than Jorge's I'm afraid!

Good luck!
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Hakuna Matata gets my vote. Northshore views are the best but I gotta warn you about the road to the house. It's a killer but worth it.
KPlumm

Post by KPlumm »

Never been to any of these villas, but Hakuna Matata looks gorgeous! Vida De Mar would be different being right on the water. Tesori looks too formal to me, but that's just me. Three trips in one year - you're making us all very jealous!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Jorge, re: your wild comment...Tammy + me + her husband + my husband = the craziest, most fun times in our lives. (they are our real life best friends) Without them in the mix, we are just...mild-mannered. It's all subjective. I'd rather you have low expectations of us so we can wow you!

Sounds like Hakuna is your place for Christmas!
kellee
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Jorge - Hakuna Matata gets my vote! We stayed there about 5 summers ago for our first trip and I fell in love with the island.

Nothing we have stayed in since has been so perfect (granted we didn't stay in Peter Bay). The only downfall to us was the road to and from the villa. It wasn't so much of a problem for us because we tended to hang around the villa at night and drink and eat in. We did get used to the road (could even do it without spilling our drinks) pretty quickly.

The views are AMAZING! When you walk through those huge front doors, you KNOW you are going to have a wonderful stay. The two bedrooms on the top floor are the best because of the better views. The master is wonderful and has it's own verandah. The pool is big and the hot tub is right next to it which we liked. The view from the edge of the pool is awesome too.

We NEVER spent any time in the den or whatever it was with the TV. We were always in the kitchen or out on the verandah. Mosquitos were not an issue at all there while friends on the rest of the island were bothered by them.

We also felt like we were the only villa on the island because there weren't really any other villas in view.

Feel free to email me with any questions, but I can tell you that I wish I was there right now. Can you sneak me in ya'll's baggage?

nothintolose
lavender

Post by lavender »

Oh my god Jorge you are killin us!!!!!!!!!!! Can I please have your annual vacation budget??????? Please?????????????????????? Seriously all of those villas look wonderful. I think I would choose Hakuna Matata - it looks most fabulous!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Splasher54

Post by Splasher54 »

Hakuna Matata was right below us off John Head Road. We didn't see it (except from our deck) but the pics look wonderful. The road is the one we got hung up on, but if we were to stay on that road again, I would get a smaller car. They are building a villa right below H.M. and so the road is actually quite busy. We actually had 5 or 6 people who stopped and offered to try to pull us back onto the road, but we declined because we were afraid that we would have to explain to Conrad why his car was at the bottom of the hill. I would love to stay there someday, but need to start saving now!Image
ImageMG]